Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Fast Fred's Secrets of the OMC MOD50's Thread #1

Post Thanks / Like

I'm still confused. Greater in relation to what?
    Since 1925, about 150 different racing outboards have been made.

FFX-61
    Post Thanks / Like

stock,stock plates, the mod50 plates have more volume right in front of the port window, just like that Runne set , you follow?

Post Thanks / Like

That much is obvious. I kinda think Jim N was hinting at something else?
    Since 1925, about 150 different racing outboards have been made.

FFX-61
    Post Thanks / Like

thare is not a lot goin on in thare, straight shot down, slight bend with a large,
    Extra Large Exit in to the adapter, I don't have a Mod50 adapter, yet, think i found one, haven't seen the tuner yet , hopein it's welded to the adapter got to be the exit size,
    I can't run "pipes", had to go with SST70 exhaust rules, Thinkin i still need one of them 3 in to 1 dry slippy cans with tiller lever controle, like a bike clutch lever, thinkin thats workin
    Last edited by Fast Fred; 01-30-2006 at 09:10 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mark75H
    The true purpose of "reed stops" is not to limit the reed's travel, but to reduce vibration of the reed. A more correct name might have been "dampener" rather than "stop".
    In general remove or shorten "reed stops" with great caution; sometimes it will help, sometimes it will do nothing, other times it can destroy a motor.
    I couldn't agree more. For instance: In my old Merc 500 mod, I ran the longer reedstops from the big bore inline six's. I set the reed stop height at the low end of the factory tolerance for the Merc 500.
    (My 44mod was pretty darn fast- so I'd been told. )
    My theory was that more control of the reed would help the reed open, and more importantly CLOSE, when it was supposed to. Another benefit was longer service life from the fibre reeds.
    Jeff Yungen

FFX-61
    Post Thanks / Like

and back over hear, Jeff, Jeff AKERS,
    OK was guna make some Nydal Exhaust plates, but cuz of some words sayed hear , i ran down them guys in Washington, and baged a set of new fr-19s exhaust plates, I asked them if thay would be selling them, thay sayed NO.
    so i am tryin to get the mold from Bomb. at 275.- 325. a set i see it as the best set up for the bucks, even if you compimise them some to fit a stock case
    so that ware thats at
    tryin to bag the fr-19s addapter plate as well, so to make a compleat setup.

David_L6

Default You want to say that in English Fred? Please!

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Fred
    and back over hear, Jeff, Jeff AKERS,
    OK was guna make some Nydal Exhaust plates, but cuz of some words sayed hear , i ran down them guys in Washington, and baged a set of new fr-19s exhaust plates, I asked them if thay would be selling them, thay sayed NO.
    so i am tryin to get the mold from Bomb. at 275.- 325. a set i see it as the best set up for the bucks, even if you compimise them some to fit a stock case
    so that ware thats at
    tryin to bag the fr-19s addapter plate as well, so to make a compleat setup.
    So you aren't going to be needing to borrow the Nydahl exhaust that I have? What are you planning on building now?

Post Thanks / Like

Ummm, Errr...........Fred,
    Like David I'm not so clear on what you posted

Are you saying you have found some Mod50 molds and are going to reproduce those insted of the ones David has? ? ?
    Jeff 93-C

FFX-61
    Post Thanks / Like

Are you saying you have found some Mod50 molds and are going to reproduce those insted of the ones David has? ? ?
    ya, kinda, i got a set of them mod50 plates but i've never seen them, thay got sent to Wienandt,s shop. so i baged a set from Greg Jacobsen in Washington.
    he said thay are only makin m-31 stuff, so guna take some mesurements lookin for what Mr.NERSTROM was talkin about to make sure i don't miss it, guna try to get the molds form Bomb, see what thay want for molds thay don't want to use

jeff, could make a 3 in to one W/ a 250cc dirtbike slippy can on it for ya

FFX-61
    Post Thanks / Like

kinda like this but w/ a slippy can on it

Thread Information