Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Bruce Summers Family

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bruce Summers Family

Bruce and I met when he worked with Ray Nydahl at OMC. This was about 1966...

Bruce sent me this picture of his Son, Keith....I'm hoping he posts more family history amd pictures...

It is pictures like this that make me want ALL HYDROS to have capsules...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bruce's 4-60

Here are five pictures of Bruce's 4-60. Are those Hubbell "HORNS"???
    Last edited by Ron Hill; 01-09-2006 at 02:50 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hubbell Horns----

Quote Originally Posted by RonHill
    Here are two pictures of Bruce's 4-60. Are those Hubbell "HORNS"???
    Ron those are Hubbell horns by B.S. I found the raw castings for the adapters that fasten to the cyl. block, machined them and bought some 20 ga. sheet metal and started bending, cutting and tweaking and 2 days later, EUREKA HUBBELL horns! It's a B---h getting people to part with stuff to put together a 4-60. I wanted to buy a complete engine but nobody would part with one[not in my price range anyway]. It took about 5 years to complete the project. About 4 years of phone calls and scrounging parts and another year or so assembling and making parts I couldn't find. Racing keeps interfering with my antique work.

The 2 man runabout is done except for paint. I'll do that this spring and then go for a boat ride.

Bruce Summers
    V-71

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bruce Almost won 125 Hydro

Bruce was ever so close to winning the 125 hydro national championship as a hired gun in 2005. I will let him share, if he chooses, the unfortunate cirumstances that kept him out of first place. He drove an outstanding 2 heats before the racing gods prevailed.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Couple more recent Photos

Bruce,

You need a little color in those legs!

Dan

Post Thanks / Like

Default Oh Bouy--------

Quote Originally Posted by David Weaver
    Bruce was ever so close to winning the 125 hydro national championship as a hired gun in 2005. I will let him share, if he chooses, the unfortunate cirumstances that kept him out of first place. He drove an outstanding 2 heats before the racing gods prevailed.
    For those that don't know V-75 is my oldest son Keith. He makes about 3 USTS races a year. Can't make the long hauls because of work. As the kids say work sucks!

David---
    I Was going to reply last year so I wouldn't be whining and crying this year. Yea, 3 good starts[rare indeed], a first and a third place in the first two heats and I know most of the racers and officials[wife is chief scorer] so whose idea was it to inflate the first turn bouy to ten feet in diameter and spring load it so that it jumps in front of the first guy there. I bet it was Brandon Thirlby getting even for putting a hole in his sponson at Omaha a coule of years ago???

Dan----
    I shouldn't let those legs out in public. If you would get a frontal shot you'd see i'm almost as bow legged as Chuck Davis. Cookie Houghkirk say's the glare from my legs is so bad I should be buying her special sun glasses. I'll take care of her in our next wrestling match! Dan did you offer me a ride in that Apel 4 point?

Bruce Summers
    V-71

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Bruce,

The Apel offer still stands. Working on the boat this winter. Don't know if it will be ready for the first Fla. race. More like Omaha. Stop by for a "cockpit fitting" if you get a chance.

Dan

Thread Information