Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: koing gear set

Hybrid View

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default koing gear set

looking for gears to fit older 500cc splitcase..15/16 or14/15 lf they would fit.....case is 1970 straightcut press-on gears...thanx.DD

Post Thanks / Like

I think new Konny gears and prop shaft will fit in your König case. Other than a change in the diameter of the shaft in the gear area and ID of the gear, I think current pieces are still an exact fit. If I recall the new shaft and gear are about .0025 larger than the old König shaft, so if you buy new gears and a Konny shaft you are all set. Steve will correct me if I got it wrong
    Since 1925, about 150 different racing outboards have been made.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile if it was only that simple...

this case is very old ...has V cutout in back of casting above propshaft area.
    date on case is 3/69..Brian Hendrick got me a n.o.s. driveshaft last winter from Steve.Brian also has one of these cases.So far l have seen 4 different large Koing spiltcases.mid..60's..same as mine but 2 bolts (hidden) near back of unit.late 60's /early 70's..(what l have) mid 70's..looks like Konny,but gears are still straightcut & pressed on but 14/15 instead of 15/16 like mine (still might fit)...late 70's early 80's same as Konny..larger o.d. on driveshaft at lower needle bearing &pinion gear & driveshaft are one peice. also gears are spiral cut....DD..

Thread Information