Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Another Cool Engine from EORC

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Another Cool Engine from EORC

Found this picture of one of our fun engines made for salt water racing on Long Island. We ran FRR at every one of our events and all kind of boat/engine combinations were allowed. All boats entered in the class had to have a deck rider. The following photo is one of the rigs we ran. It was a DeSilva 14 ft Runabout powered by a 100 HP. Johnson V-4 powerhead on a real short steel midsection. The engine had open exhaust and ran a modified electric shift lower unit spring loaded in foward gear. We had three of these rigs in the club for years until the noise problem made us stop running them. Butch Langdon, Elli's brother (master engine builder) "see also Langdon/Fales Looper" started this trend and it was reliable, fast and noisy.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Bob Rusnak

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default V4

Bob I remember going to eaton's neck and watching Butch in a boat called Nonsense but with a newer 140hp motor with a big stack coming out of the exhaust housing. It was funn to watch, I think that was the best class. My first fast boat ride was in a old Bill fales boat with a V4 in the bay. My buddy got it from skippy pezold.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 140 Hp Omc

Quote Originally Posted by Dave S.
    Bob I remember going to eaton's neck and watching Butch in a boat called Nonsense but with a newer 140hp motor with a big stack coming out of the exhaust housing. It was funn to watch, I think that was the best class. My first fast boat ride was in a old Bill fales boat with a V4 in the bay. My buddy got it from skippy pezold.
    Hi Dave, what are you doing with yourself latly, still interested in the race stuff? Nice to hear from the old club members. Saw Butch Langdon last week, he still looks good and still repairing outboards. Eatons Neck, lots of fun there. A little on the rough side but had great memories of the EORC racing days. I no longer race but my son Don is very active running the alky stuff, some mod and my old MK 55H. It keeps me in a young frame of mind. Do you have any of the old equipment left? Bob Rusnak N-96
    Bob Rusnak

Post Thanks / Like

Dave has a few things left
    Since 1925, about 150 different racing outboards have been made.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Old stuff left

I am an Aluminum Magnet.

Thread Information