Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Coolest engines

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Coolest engines

Here are two of the most interesting engines that were at the 1972 Nationals at DePue Ill. This was my first ever National event and saw engines I never thought existed. The pictures are of John Tropahanian's Yamarude and Racer Rays inline six Merc.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by Bob Rusnak; 01-15-2006 at 08:07 PM.
    Bob Rusnak

Team MSR
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Way cool...

Bob, great shots. Look a couple of boats past Nydal's boat and you can see John R Yales Marchetti A boat. (D-1) . I had a Sid Craft with a looper in 1972 and drove my butt of to qualify it. John had a very fast Konig, but had problems and did not get in. John, Franny and Dicky came down and asked if I would run their rig in the finals. The rig was fast enough to win, but I screwed up and tried to win it all in the first turn, missed a turn pin in all the spray. Took me another 24 years to win A hydro at Depue.

Michael D-1

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Schmidt Looper

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Schmidt
    Bob, great shots. Look a couple of boats past Nydal's boat and you can see John R Yales Marchetti A boat. (D-1) . I had a Sid Craft with a looper in 1972 and drove my butt of to qualify it. John had a very fast Konig, but had problems and did not get in. John, Franny and Dicky came down and asked if I would run their rig in the finals. The rig was fast enough to win, but I screwed up and tried to win it all in the first turn, missed a turn pin in all the spray. Took me another 24 years to win A hydro at Depue.

Michael D-1
    Hi Mike, I see John's Boat in the picture. I did not think you ran back then, 1972. I reall don't remember that far back. I guess you did not run the looper. I have your Quincy and will try to take a picture of it and post it this week. It shure had a long mid section!. By the way, any luck with the Konig mid section?. Don Is moving to Pa. in a few weeks. Bought a house there. Lots of room in a huge two car garage on 2 1/2 acre's. I have to build a D Mod for him as he in in Mod Country out there. Any leads on modern Exhaust for a 44 Merc.? Look for the picture of your Looper during the week...Bob N-96
    Bob Rusnak

Post Thanks / Like

I know this is an old thread but would anyone know the specs and value of the Yamarude? Was it successful

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by largecar91 View Post
    I know this is an old thread but would anyone know the specs and value of the Yamarude? Was it successful
    Yes it was "in the day" seen and started it and another one that Al Holub had. Steve

Thread Information