Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cat morph to Tunnel

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Dieter Schultz Trailers

Quote Originally Posted by RonHill
    Usually, the first weekend in October, except, 1973, it was on October 8th, my daughter's birthday....I didn't race, I was in California, helping deliver...

See, if Dieter raced the 1966 Paris Six Hour, air freighted his boat parts to Sid Craft's shop....after Paris....Havasu was always Thanksgiving...Dieter's 1966 Havasu boat was "SLED" shaped...His 1967 boat was a twin engine, which he never made the start with...126 boats with a paceboat start....Dieter was next to me, and got run over from the rear, before the start... The boat was repaired and ran Parker, 1968...same race the Berghauers had a new twin Schultz...which Dewey nose dived...but it was blue, like Ted's and mine...all the OMC's in the 1968 Six Hours de Paris...

Did you note RSINI'S "blinding" SPEED AVERAGE??? 54.4 mph.....WHY WAS RACING FUN THEN??? Because we RACED 6 hours......and if you crashed you got wet....
    I remember in about 1970 Dieter was at "Goat's" Shop in Waukegan to finish up his Green twin engine boat and bought a trailer (too small) to tow boat to Havasu with a station wagon. He had boat bow angled up over back of wagon and impossible to mount motors.

He showed up at Havasu late with wagon full of western souveniors, boots, hats etc. Jack told him to go get another trailer so we could mount engines. He came back with a second trailer (too small) with a trailer ball mounted on the back of it towing the original trailer with boat moved forward. Seemed to work, but very dicey trying to back two trailers down the ramp. Michael J

Post Thanks / Like

Default Did Ron Brown...

Didn't Ron Brown from Fort Collins, Colorado buy that hull?? Green??? Stuck up in the air about 10 feet in the nose...

Thread Information