Quote Originally Posted by Mark75H
All hulls do not have it. Rocker does not universally refer to the trailing edge shape. Rocker refers to a convex bottom shape only, hook refers to a concave bottom shape only. If your boat is straight and flat it is just straight, flat or "true" ... it has no "rocker" or "hook" ... No terms such as "neutral hook", "neutral rocker", "negative rocker" or "negative hook" are commonly used or understood.

I've never heard "negative rocker" before this thread ... and I know guys from all over. What you and your friends are doing is making up your own language; you'll have a hard time communicating with other racers if you don't use the same terms the same way.

"Hook" as a verb, where your boat spins out, is completely different and not related to or caused by bottom shape.
Well said Sam.......

Isn't that the name of a Rock Group?

Or am I thinking of John Lee Hooker?

Or an ageless Rocker named Mick?

Perhaps Fred is on to something....soon we can say things like my inverted step hull is in need of additional post planing reflective hook, whereby I am capable of attaining a noticeable reversal of decrease in mph allowing me to repair the broken record..... easily.

T2x