Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Lake Placid, FL Testing Problems

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Placid, FL Testing Problems

There was great racing and testing at Lake Apthorpe in Lake Placid, FL over the week end. Carl Staron and Tom Dunn went to great lengths and have worked very hard to make it possible for us all to use the water there. The agreements made and permits given were for sanctioned races and controlled testing. The races (one a month) are open to all stock/mod/pro, SLT, and OPC.
    Unfortunately, Monday morning, AFTER the races, the lake residents were awakened by the sound of racing boats. At least one large rig was at the site. The parking rules agreed upon by the county and grove owners must be strictly adhered to, as well as the countless other rules that have been posted here several times. It is imperative, that if we are not already banned from this race site, that each and everyone of us pass the word that all rules must be followed so that the rest of us can continue to race here. Both Carl Staron and Tom Dunn live on the lake and are easy to find. Please look them up or call them before attempting to test in an unsanctioned setting.
    You can email the AOF office for more information.
    AOFOffice@aol.com
    PS. there is at least one OPC rig there now. If anyone knows who it is, can you please contact that racer?

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't have a clue who it could be. But I doubt that many of the OPC guys are very familiar with the rules regulating the lake. I was unaware that you were having OPC or SLT on the schedule. I did hear from Linda and Katie that you had a good event.
    I woul suggest that you contact Jeff Titus, He may be abel to help spread the word to whoever is using the lake for testing. Also ask Paul Hooten or Linda Eldredge to make every one intheir club aware of the situation. Every one should also be aware that Lake Alfred should not be used for testing especially if you run stacks.
    Thanks
    Bruce Washburn

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

It was Tim Fry from Kansas City... he called me lamenting about the problems they were having... In his defense Jeff Titus is the one that told him to go there months in advance... As far as i know he is gone from there!!

Shaun

Thread Information