Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Dieter König

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dieter König

Some of you may be aware that there is a memorial to Dieter König in Berlin. I'm not exactly sure where it is situated, but I would guess that it's close to where the factory was situated in Wedding

It would be nice to hear of your memories of Dieter (plus photos). My memories are of a very approachable guy who as always accomodating and willing to help whenever and wherever he could. And as for having a head full of ideas, well that as they is a story for another day

It was a very sad day and huge loss to the sport when he passed away in 1991
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

That memorial to Dieter is located at UIM headquarters in Brussels.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Are you sure Jeff?

Are you sure Jeff, as I honestly thought it was in Berlin, as prior to his untimely death, Hans-Georg Krage was trying to arrange Dieter's memorial

On the MRC Berlin website it also talks about it being situated in their Marina in Berlin (just spotted that) http://mrc-berlin.com/rennsport_e/dieter_koenig.html

The other point is that the UIM are now based in Monaco, so to have something like this erected in this incredibly wealthy principality, would be quite an achievement and no doubt very costly.......hell even the mail men in Monte Carlo drive around in Ferraris!!!

Thread Information