Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Great Marithon Races

Post Thanks / Like

Default If'n I'm not mistaken

Mr. C runabout, Daryl Sorenson is running there.... At 65 years young, he is simply amazing to watch and I can't imagine 3 hours on my knees at 65.....

Good Luck to all!!!!!!

Tomtall

Thumbs up Darrell

Skoontz - Darrell is amazing. My wife and I had the opportunity to meet him and his wife at Wakefield last year at the nationals. No fancy motor homes for Darrell. They pitched thier tent and stayed the week to watch the action.Then went to the Top'O race the following week and pit crewed for several racers durring the week, repaired the hole in my sons Sorenson he got at Wakefield and also worked on his own boat.Then went out and raced the marithon. The guy is like the Energizer bunny. Oh did I mention he is nice also.

Post Thanks / Like

Tom:

Daryl took KT and I over to his shop when we ran Chowchilla. KT wants one of his hydros....I'm leaning toward a Dawe. She loves the way Karissa Carlsons rode around the course....

Both builders are incredible....Sidetracked the thread here, but, yeah Daryl is Mr. C runabout...No question!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

My frist time at top o i saw this old man pull up to the beach and was shocked. there were 4ft waves! i asked him how long he had been racing this race and told me a very long time and i think he side in the same boat now that just kicks butt! cant wait hope to see you guys there.O yhea hey Dave i need a new battery how do i get one from ya? the one i have is like 5yrs old and just dont tank a charge anymore let me Know TOP O ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Give A Call

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit Whitey View Post
    My frist time at top o i saw this old man pull up to the beach and was shocked. there were 4ft waves! i asked him how long he had been racing this race and told me a very long time and i think he side in the same boat now that just kicks butt! cant wait hope to see you guys there.O yhea hey Dave i need a new battery how do i get one from ya? the one i have is like 5yrs old and just dont tank a charge anymore let me Know TOP O ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!
    Need a battery, give me a holler. We can hook up some where. I might try coming up to Indian River this weekend, not sure yet. I was gonna watch this year. The boat I had lined up is not going to work. Also could not come up with a stocker engine to run. Some time I will make this race though, borrow beg or whatever, some time I will!!

Phone - H 269-965-8406
    Cell 269-420-1118

Might be able to send one up with Lowes if you are going to Top O.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Labatts Blue

Well Tom, next time don't leave all the Blue in the beer fridge in the garage !! Everyone knows people don't have locks on their fridges !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by David Mason View Post
    Some time I will make this race though, borrow beg or whatever, some time I will!!
    Dave, Thats the exact attitude I had for 15 years before I finally got it done. It was a dream come true! I sure hope you can make it next year for the 60th annual running. Can you imagine they've been running Top 'O since 1948!
    Here's a pic I took when I arrived Friday afternoon. I looked at the lake and said: "HOLY CR**!" Fortunatly, the wind died down nicely for Saturday and Sunday.

Also: I often times joke around with my wife about moving elsewhere. When we arrived at Indian River I started it up with her again. Everything there is beautiful! The lakes, rivers, the whole town! Think I'm exaggerating? Here's a pic of Indian River. I took this picture the day before Top 'O. The next pic is one of the Missisippi river one week later in my hometown area of the Quad Cities. It was taken with my phone camera, rather than my Sony digital, but, I think you get the point.

I am hooked 100% on The Top 'O Michigan Marathon! See you there next year!
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Jeff Yungen

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Welcome`

Quote Originally Posted by jeff55vDSH View Post
    Dave, Thats the exact attitude I had for 15 years before I finally got it done. It was a dream come true! I sure hope you can make it next year for the 60th annual running. Can you imagine they've been running Top 'O since 1948!
    Here's a pic I took when I arrived Friday afternoon. I looked at the lake and said: "HOLY CR**!" Fortunatly, the wind died down nicely for Saturday and Sunday.

Also: I often times joke around with my wife about moving elsewhere. When we arrived at Indian River I started it up with her again. Everything there is beautiful! The lakes, rivers, the whole town! Think I'm exaggerating? Here's a pic of Indian River. I took this picture the day before Top 'O. The next pic is one of the Missisippi river one week later in my hometown area of the Quad Cities. It was taken with my phone camera, rather than my Sony digital, but, I think you get the point.

I am hooked 100% on The Top 'O Michigan Marathon! See you there next year!
    Welcome to Michigan's up North. The scenery is breath taking from about Big Rapids all the way north. It only gets better the further North you go from the state line. I snowmobile up there in Indian River, so I am very familiar with the area. I know it is beautiful. And it is only a few hours drive !

So I guess I better start putting feelers out for next year. Anyone got a D they would let run there ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Top 'O Michigan Web sight ?

Top 'O Michigan Web site? It was a blog for the racers. I saw one last year but cannot find it now. Anyone have it?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Link

Quote Originally Posted by Mini Max View Post
    Top 'O Michigan Web site? It was a blog for the racers. I saw one last year but cannot find it now. Anyone have it?
    http://www.marathonnationals.com/Welcome.html

Once you're there, follow the link labeled "TOMORC FORUM"
    Jeff Yungen

Thread Information