Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Omc 25h.p.

Post Thanks / Like

Default 390731 is NLA

[QUOTE=Jeff Akers]That omc 390731 is NLA .... I'm looking for one myself
    I have one sst 390731 and an 391o64. I'm looking 4 an cleaver 11x18...19 or 20" with 14 splines( Johnson 25-35hp).
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 3 cyl--35hp evinrude sport c motor

Quote Originally Posted by QUINAULTRACING
    Looking for what would be best for use as marathon or sport C engine. 1980-2005, 20hp Thur 35hp, two cylinder cross-flow or 1996-2001, 25,30, & 35hp, three cylinder loop-charged ? Correct me if I am wrong but I think both are two stroke. THANKS..steve
    I have one for sale. Also have 40mc Nissan 2 cyl short shaft for sale.

Dago Fast

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

DOES SOMEBODY HAVE TESTED A "HOTSHOT" PROP ? (MADE BY TURBO PROPS ), FOR THOSE SMALL PONNIES .

ARE THOSE PROPS BETTER THAN THE OMC SST's???

REGARDS,
    DON

Post Thanks / Like

Default hotshot props

ARE THOSE PROPS BETTER THAN THE OMC SST's???
    I didn't test hotshot props ...I was jumping directly at cleavers and more pitch.

Post Thanks / Like

Default hi speed

Quote Originally Posted by DonChichoJr.
    The 25 H.p. & 30 H.p., Carb Are The Same. It's Only Change The Medium Jet And The Hi-speed Jet , That I Already Installed It ( 30 H.p.) . I Dodn't Know If Using Hi-octane Gas, Can I Go Up With The Timing ( 32 Degrees ???).

The Boyesen Reeds Are Coming In A Small Pieces, It's Not Coming In A Solid Piece. You Have To Align The Pieces !, Waohhh., A Lot Of Trouble To Align That Small Pieces !!!!!!!!!!

Thanks,
    Don
    does this carb have a hi speed adjust needle? Im more used to 70s engines and have installed hi speed needles thru the drain hole using a brass plumbing fitting with the center threaded to the omc lo speed needle size, a drilled over jet and an 1/8 in cut of fuel hose in place of the compression collar to seal it. Ive run these up to 6700 Rs. Also when you take the reeds apart hold the manifold over the reed plate [w/o the reeds] look thru backwards and see how well or NOT they match up. the machined surface of the manifold covers up to 3/16in. of potential flow at the outer edge of the reeds. Between all that and getting more exhaust out, [relief holes might help] but im still working on that .

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

THE CARB DOESN'T HAVE A HI-SPEED ADJ. THE CARB USE A FIXED HI-SPEED JET . THE STOCK ONE IS A 67d AND I INSTALLED A 69d .

THANKS,
    DON

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Orange 17W
    Use the 3cyl 35hp.....if you can obtain a powerpack w/out a rev limiter.
    Ive heard that a rev limited power pack would have an R in its #s Ive also heard the 2 cyls arent limited, dont know for sure. Im running an OMC 31.8 2 cyl crossflow at up to 6900 Rs on a C hydro, the powerheads factory, the carbs worked, the time is locked. a 3/4in relief hole is drilled in the sorta stock lower and Im playin w/ props to get it to go

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by JohnsonM50
    Ive heard that a rev limited power pack would have an R in its #s Ive also heard the 2 cyls arent limited, dont know for sure. Im running an OMC 31.8 2 cyl crossflow at up to 6900 Rs on a C hydro, the powerheads factory, the carbs worked, the time is locked. a 3/4in relief hole is drilled in the sorta stock lower and Im playin w/ props to get it to go
    Oh, forgot to mention, I lightened the crap out of the flywheel, if you look at it ,its made to start 3 ways I got rid of em all and put a MK25 spool on and took a ton of junk off the motor too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JohnsonM50
    Oh, forgot to mention, I lightened the crap out of the flywheel, if you look at it ,its made to start 3 ways I got rid of em all and put a MK25 spool on and took a ton of junk off the motor too.
    Be careful, some flywheel lightening is dangerous; there are sections on some flywheels that look like dead weight, but are actually part of the flywheel's strength
    Since 1925, about 150 different racing outboards have been made.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mark75H
    Be careful, some flywheel lightening is dangerous; there are sections on some flywheels that look like dead weight, but are actually part of the flywheel's strength
    Thanks Sam, Ive had that in mind and looked it over before and after running, I also bench spun it at around 9 - 9,5 g before putting it on a motor. I probably should test with more rpm but thats all Ive got for now.
    I will look it over under a magnifying glass. Mike: eek:

Thread Information