Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SST 120 Cost

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default SST 120 Cost

I have tried a couple Merc dealers but here it goes. What does the new SST120 engine cost to purchase from Merc ?

Also, is a Mariner 2.5 legal in anything OPC ?

Post Thanks / Like

What did the dealer say??? They should be able to order it!! Also, the complete motor may no longer be available so you would need to buy the individual pieces (powerhead, midsection, gearcase). As for your 2.5 powerhead, it is legal in a few classes. The best fit (if it is not modified) would be in the Formula 150 class.

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2.5 Powerhead...

Formula 150 allows for production parts...If Mercury sells a new SST 120 you may need to call 911 when you hear the price...

A Champ gearcase was $3,500 THE LAST I HEARD AND AN SST 120 IS ABOUT THE SAME, IT IS A NUMBER VI.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sst-120

Dave,

I checked a price about a year and a half ago from Speedmaster in Toronto and it was 20K give or take CDN dollars. The you still have to do to it what we do with the 44's to be competitive as I understand. You can call Merc Racing direct as an apba racing member and get a racers price I thought.

Regards,
    Dave Scott
    Ottawa, Canada
    Need Race Parts - http://stores.ebay.com/Aim-Outboard-Recyclers
    www.aimoutboards.com

20-CE DSH
    20-CE DMH

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default THanks

I went off the links someone provided in an earlier post, and emailed Mercury Direct, but have not heard back in over a week.

So to have basically all new equipment for 120 one would need to invest close to 50g. This means new powerhead, used gearbox and Mid, new hull, new props, and a few extra go fast items.

Maybe that lease program is not such a bad thing. Sure wish Mercury would mail some information on that as requested.

Post Thanks / Like

you are correct!!! Depending on what you want to do you could spend 50g. There are many directions one could go! Depending on which one you were to chose would make a difference in your cost.

There is a big difference between racing locally and racing at the series level. There is also a big difference between racing Champ, SST-120 and F-150.

Plus you need to decide if you want all new stuff or buy used.

What ever you chose you are in the right place. The guys on this website can assist you in the direction you want to go.

Erick

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Dave

DAVE.....If you are really interested in 120 class...there are lots of really good used hulls and equipment out there for sale.

Shaun Torrente has his Pugh that won everything last year for sale..bare hull or rigged and I think the power head is avail? Nobody faster than that rig.

Mark Profit had his 120 motor for sale (already sold the boat) and some spare lower units listed on www.superleague.com. Jim Summers has a Canif that was really fast last yr (its a yellow boat) he bought Profit's Pugh hull.

There's lotsa good used if you dont feel like going all new. Dont get discouraged...keep asking and looking.

If I can help any way let me know. Good Luck

Pitboss77

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 120 Gran Prix

Quote Originally Posted by David Mason
    I went off the links someone provided in an earlier post, and emailed Mercury Direct, but have not heard back in over a week.

So to have basically all new equipment for 120 one would need to invest close to 50g. This means new powerhead, used gearbox and Mid, new hull, new props, and a few extra go fast items.

Maybe that lease program is not such a bad thing. Sure wish Mercury would mail some information on that as requested.
    Boat and trailer 3,500.00

dagofastboats@earthlink.net

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Some Stats

Could you provide some stats on what it is you have for sale ? I tried to send you an email, but your spam folder blocked it.

Manufacturer
    Year
    Weight

Mid Section ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default 120 program

david
    you probably will never hear back from mercury
    they hardly ever return messages
    but if you are really interested in putting together a 120 boat
    there is a lot of used equiptment out there
    this is a good web site to get replys from people in 120
    i build a full carbon 120 boat,,,have lots of spare motors,gearcase,props

there are hulls from 1 yr old to wore out bad driving for sale
    used powerheads ,gearcase and props
    3 of the champboat series top qualifier hulls to turn key are for sale
    shauns 2004pugh,saffolds 98hoffman,my 2005miffco
    if your looking for an entry level rig they are out there for less
    just make sure you get input from some 1 that knows tunnels not to get something out of date,rotten,unsafe to you and others on the track

we always welcome new drivers
    and will help in any way to get you in a good boat
    10,000-20,000 is what you will spend to get into a good up to date competitive hull with a good powerhead ,case and prop
    john

Thread Information