Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Ralph "Red" Taylor

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ralph "Red" Taylor

All,

I was asked to pass along word that Ralph “Red” Taylor, Life Member of SOA and long time racer and official, suffered a heart attack and passed away today.

Details on the services are forthcoming, and as soon as I get those, I will pass them along.

When I started racing in 1972, Red was an old-timer. He was the original West Coast dealer for the Mercury 25SS Engines in 1973, served as SOA Commodore at least two different stints, and was one of the best referees Region 10 had. When I met Red, he was competing in the C Service Hydro and Runabout classes, and won a National Championship in C Service Hydro in the mid 70’s.

I was a new kid with hair down to my shoulders, a head full of ideas, many of which were probably wrong. Thankfully, Red did not judge a book by its cover, and was always friendly and helpful to me as a newcomer. It was always great to see Red at the SOA Reunion meetings. I’ll miss Red’s friendly presence and I know many others will.

Rest easy Red, and if you find The Key To The Mystery, let me know what it is. See you in the first turn.

Regards,

Patrick Gleason
    R-19
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information