Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Tredonic hull

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tredonic hull

Anyone have any experience racing or know about racing a tredonic hull? This may just be a name that Custom Craft came up with for thier stepped hull in the '60's. they also refered to it as a laminair air flow hull. it looks kind of cool and looks like it should be pretty fast, just wondering if any one has any info on it. the boat is a Custom Craft Sun Ray, 17' 600# hull with a Merc 1000 motor. From the people I've talked to I'll be happy to see high 40's with an aluminum prop, mid 50's if I go with stainless steel. I've read in the bruchures that they had some succes in some of the marathons in the mid '60's.

Post Thanks / Like

Custom Craft was manufactured by H.Donald Cannazzi out of Buffalo, NY. As a result he would put various entries in regional races like the HUdson River Marathon. While he fielded a team of 4 or 5 boats (1 perclass) The hulls were not fast enough to be truly competitive..... I always felt he believed his own advertizing.

T2x
    OBSOLETE AND PROUD OF IT

Post Thanks / Like

I have heard stories, (none confirmed), that his son ran one right through a sailbout and cut it in half. Also heard of one guy who put a big block in one. The sons' was the smaller 14' version with black metal flake. Accordind to the story, after the incident, he hid the boat in one of thier wharehouses where the coast gaurd eventually found it.

Thread Information