Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: custom pistons

FFX-61
    Post Thanks / Like

Default custom pistons

lookin for some custom pistons, Wisco has a $2400.00 min, and a 10 week wait.
    lookin for 3 pistons, will buy more if nesasary, for 2400. bucks i'm not waitin 10 weeks, got all the specs, and an example.
    if someone makes a High Quality forging, no pins, with predictable expanion,
    I would like to hear from you
    thanks
    FF

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't know whether or not they do all kinds of pistons or just automotive, but I got some from JEGS about 10 years ago. I had a FI turbocharged Peugeot and the dealer wanted 250.00 for each piston. I sent one piston to California for them to copy and got back four high quality forged pistons, balanced with wrist pins for a total of 250.00. It took about 6 months because the only guy that operated the machine that copied the pistons died right after mine got there, and it took awhile for the trainee to get caught back up. If they do outboard pistons, I am sure they have a quicker turnaround by now.

FFX-61
    Post Thanks / Like

4 stroke pistons are far easyer to make, cuz of the extra strokes the expantion is low, called about every body, just want to move the wrist pin hole, wisco wount pull three out before they cut the hole, didn't want to brass a set.
    looks like mite have to wait for wisco.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Accralite Performance Fored Pistons

Fred - have you tried these people?

http://www.accralite.com/accralite/

Whilst they are the other side of the pond to you guys, I've heard good things about Accralite and at one point was talking to them about making pistons for a little restoration project we have here in the UK

It may be worthwhile dropping them a line to see what they can offer

Regards

Corin

FFX-61
    Post Thanks / Like

ok did a bunch of pokin around and this is the scoop, to insure that once the pistons were made that thay would perform flawlessly or as close to that as possable the first time, Wiseco seemed like the best bet

Thread Information