Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Super Light Tunnel racing

FFX-61
    Post Thanks / Like

Bay city Mi. is June 23-24-25, 06 Maybe check with the Ladys at the APBA office, just to get the scoop, never ran thare myself see if i can change that up

FFX-61
    Post Thanks / Like

well seems Bryan Lauer has won high points this year in "X" class, way to go, come a long way since i saw ya hit that pin at the 1/2 point at the top O', just before i passed ya. Mad Mark H. took it to 4th over all, nice. Double OH 5th over all. good stuff.

in other news seems some are sayin a 20" shaft works, i know it works to some degree, But not even close to what should be. same people said a 40hp merc was the same as a 60hp, the 40hp just needed 60 carbs and a 60 pipe. it took about five sec. to look it up the 40hp case. it is not the same, not even close,
    bunch of racer went out and got them selfs a 40 hp thinkin that what thay was told was true. Not, thay could never keep up, turned in to a waist of time and $$$$$$$$$ for them racers. don't get pulled in, YOU NEED A STANDARD SHAFT
    MODA that is all thare is to it. don't waist your time you will be just disapointed.
    did that been thare.

FFX-61
    Post Thanks / Like

so how do ya get like an Etec or an ,...??? not sure thares any thing else i would think about my self, but you could make it work for a 4 choke as well but thares more to it. Make a Tower, a 15", use the stock exhaust block, on the bracket, i'd most likely go to a smaller one , cuzz i don't need that T&T stuff, but thats me, but ya can use the t&t bracket, so with the 15" tower, from thare
    you got to, line up the bottom mounts, shorten the pickup toob, the drive shaft, and the shift rod. the hardest task been the lower mounts, think them out when you are makin the tower.

Post Thanks / Like

Default SUPER light tunnel boats!

Last season I raced my first Top O' Michigan marathon. It was also the first time I shared the the water with the SLT's. I'll never forget getting the @*#& beat out of me while racing thru the big lakes. The water was pretty rough. I remember seeing all the SLT's zip past me. WOT over the rough stuff, not even phased by it! MAN I envyed them!
    Perhaps someday I'll transition into an SLT package. They're SWEET! But not yet... my knees still have a few more good years left.
    Jeff Yungen

Post Thanks / Like

Talking X00 on topO 07

Yeah ! buddy i love passin the Woodies in that race you guy`s should get the big ball`z award cause it has`nt been calm on those lake`s.Some how i get hung up with the D`s at the locks on the crooked thought about going over the spill way but it looks like big sharp teeth stickin up.I ended up 3rd this year after all was side and done. Maybe some day in my life we`ll get to see the return of the fred to TopO Maybe!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank`s East COAST Thunderboat`s
    Attached Images Attached Images  

FFX-61
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

FFX-61
    Post Thanks / Like

was thinkin Sea-way would offer more parts, like the m31 front 1/2, but it don't seem like they get a big enuff call i guess to run a batch, i'm holdin on to this one.... gots a Job for it, thare is some hand made front 1/2 out thare, but most ones i've seen don't got starter mounts ya gots to have a Starter

Post Thanks / Like

i dont need the front half just a hole mota with reg intake.so what up need to know so i can tell this guy

FFX-61
    Post Thanks / Like

the reed blocks become the limiting factor, the bigger the block the more air and fuel you can get in to the cyl.

that one that Al had up thare with the 19s front 1/2, and the progressive carbs,
    with about 10hrs on it. lookin nice, all that would get ya far more than 1/2 way thare i'm sure he's not givein it a way. but thinkin that if ya could get Sea-way to build it with the m31 front1/2, a set of them carbs, all new stuff, drop on, with the adapter, in 56cubits, bet be talkin 8g's, for the power head and adapter

Thread Information