Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: SST 45 Questions, PLEASE HELP

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Question SST 45 Questions, PLEASE HELP

OK Here is the deal...I am not planning on racing, just trying to have some fun. I have purchased a boat which was formerly raced as an SST45, it came with no motor so I have also purchased a 2003 Merc 60hp motor (15 inch shaft). I have been told I need to install a power jack plate to get the boat to perform the way I want it to, but I have been unable to find one to fit the transom of my boat (its only 15.5 inches wide). I am also questioning the what pitch prop to run, the motor came with a 16 degree pitch prop and I have been told I need to run as much as a 29 degree. If anyone can give me any information it would be appreciated. Thank You.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Post A Picture or Two...

We should be able to find you a reasonable power trim set up and I've got some $250 props that should scare sh*t out of you!
    Last edited by Ron Hill; 05-22-2006 at 07:21 AM.

FFX-61
    Post Thanks / Like

the ones i've seen have a through transom ram, it don't tillt just moves like 3-4"
    maybe less for trim, think thay use a Force ram with a on the hull pump.
    check your CG on that set up them Merc60's is more Bucksom than a 45

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default ???

Sorry guys I am new to the outboard motor world, everything i have ever owned or driven has been an inboard or I/O. Can you explain what a force ram and CG are?

Ron, What information do you need from me to pick a pro?? (I'd like one that will really scare the **** out of me)

FFX-61
    Post Thanks / Like

Force is an outboard company( some don't think so ) Center of Gravty = CG, i'm not a sst45 racer, was thinkin it's like an sst60 but smaller, but i don't run sst60 eather

i just stayed at a Holaday inn

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 45 help

I don't know if they make a transom jack for that boat may have to have one custom made as well as the brackets for the trim ram, kinda like we did with the sport c and the merc. trim rams.

Thread Information