You would think that the writer of this ignition concept had just invented the wheel! Steve Roskowski has been offering this very thing to Modified racers for a couple of years now when he featured his and his prices on the now defunct CORE message board. See what this writer from another board is thinking and saying for yourself. Did he invent or re-invent the wheel for this proposed chainsaw parts based ignition system? Naww! but read it anyway, its a cute try. Steve??? Where you been or are you.

As pasted from another website:

Talk About A Shocking Developement!!

Posted on May 23, 2006 at 11:42:57 PM by Don Muncie

This idea came to me way late in the middle of the night (Why cain't I be like normal guy's and dream of gals?) I was contemplating the "chainsaw" ignition concept, you know, how they are fired by this neat little transistorized ignition coil. I was mulling this over, so I thought I'd call a couple of chainsaw dealers to see what those things sell for.. hehe..and Boyhowdy! about $58.90 was the cheapest, this kinda bummed me out. Just shortly after that and old logger buddy came by with an old dynosaur homelite saw and wanted to know what I'd give him for it cause he knows I collect them too. He asked me what I was up to so I told him, he suggested I call Prestolite, so I did. This is now affordable!

Guy's this is my brillient idea! I want to make a flywheel like a chainsaw to bolt down onto a flywheel hub of a merc. Now I make a stator plate with four of these neat little transistor coils set at 90 degrees. This staotor plate now bolts to an adaptor plate that thru-bolts though the top endcap. The stator plate has pivoting slots in it so timing can be at TDC to .400 BTDC. We now have a system with no moving parts to think of, four very inexpensive coils that sells for around $40.00 each, no battery is now needed and it is simple to the uttermost. I just gotta commit to 50 of them little coils.

Preliminary costs from a machinest friend in Florida to make the stator and adaptor plate puts this system at $560.00 This is subject to change, but I think I'm high. I'm gonna shop around to see if I can find a CNC guy to do it and then it should come down a tad.

Sorry to be so long winded, but I thought you might have gotten a kick outa how my mind works at times (When it does work!)

Any thoughts, constructive criticism? Am I wasting my time?

Thanks guys