Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Perf tips for inline 4 Mercs?

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Perf tips for inline 4 Mercs?

Newbie from central Fl.east coast has to say this is a great web site! Flats angler has two stock 85 hp. mercs and would like to build one motor with perf. mods out of the two.One is a distributor model, one is electronic.one big carb, one small.Currently on a early 70's 15 ft.Glastron ski boat hull that I took down to the shell and built out with all new wood and glass making it one lite bad flats boat!Stock motor pushes it in the +40's, 19 pitch Ballastic ,no tnt.I know about Wiseco and Boyeson but this web has alot of tuners, builders,and racers that may give me tips and tweaks but keep it turnkey reliable. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

FFX-61
    Post Thanks / Like

hey,
    well use the big carbs, the swich box ignition, don't think you will get anymore hp than 85hp, just make a nice 85hp merc out of all the suff you got
    not a Merc guy my self, not for any of the no head gasket motors

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up perf tips on Mercs

Fred, I thought thats all I could get.Sent the lower out for a nose cone kit and orderd pistons and reeds.I'm running the early model now so i'm working on tge late model with your suggestions,also have a jack plate comming.Thanks alot, George:

Thread Information