Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 12' Wingboat

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wingboat

Hi there Brian!
    Seeing your post just reminded me "sorry" I forgot to send you info on this prosess I will phone FGI today and get back to you.
    Thanks
    Damien

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Damien, No worries buddy; I've been reading up on it...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wingboat

Hey Brian
    This is ware I got my initial Information from for vacume infusion www.aerovac.com and they placed me onto the Australian agent (FGI International) to purtchase the raw materials. Although it looks high tec it was suprisingly very easy to do as I can substitute alot of fittings from what was reconmended to simple garden hose fittings instead, this bourght the price right down on alot of the desposable fittings.

A good tip in mould relesse I use a liquid wax called TR-920 simply wipe on then wipe off no elbo effort needed and the hulls just fall out this is an Amerecan product and my supplier has to fly the product in

Haw are your tunnels going?
    Damien

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Damien

It semms as though i will be coming to Autralia next Dec for a little over a year. I will be working in Williamtown for your military. Vacuum infusion is a cool process messed around with it a bit when i was in the service. How much are one of your hulls?

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Wing boat

Hi there Bilzzard
    for a hand laid boat for around 55 to 60kg $1100.00 AUD or vacume infused hull and deck 40 to 45kg around the $1800.00 AUD mark. The model you see is the old one I am currently working on a 13' model that will suit between 25hp to 50hp as I can make the weight to suit the hp and the wings at the back are wider for more lift. This will have a brand new deck like a semi capsual with a removable rear cowling.
    Thanks
    Damien

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Damo View Post
    Hi there Bilzzard
    for a hand laid boat for around 55 to 60kg $1100.00 AUD or vacume infused hull and deck 40 to 45kg around the $1800.00 AUD mark. The model you see is the old one I am currently working on a 13' model that will suit between 25hp to 50hp as I can make the weight to suit the hp and the wings at the back are wider for more lift. This will have a brand new deck like a semi capsual with a removable rear cowling.
    Thanks
    Damien
    What type of engine and prop are you running?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wingboat

Hi Tom
    Any stock 2 cyl is fine but we mainly use Tohatsu because of the gear box ratio. As of last year many of us use a Merc 10 x 18 chopper but cupped and thinned but now a few of us have orded the Winrace props from Norway. Very good prop but still working on the set up , trim etc
    Cheers
    Damien

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

hi, i am from bermuda and i race little engines liek 6hp or british seagulls, any idea on how fast it might go with a 6hp?? and 2 people in the boat...

thanks

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Any updates on dis class....Frum "Down-Under".....?

100N/19P

Post Thanks / Like

Hi there, anyone has plans for these wingboats or building plans similar to Winrace GT30 design?

Thread Information