Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Photos

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default GrandDad Chris, Daddy Earle, and Jim

Hello to all. I tripped across this site looking for some tips to beef up my 175 J-Rude looper, and it was like old home week. Hello to Gene, Uncle Frank, Uncle Paul, and others too many to mention. To most, I was the snot-nosed brat that was in charge of menial tasks like wiping the boats, getting burgers for the crew, and helping to hold the boats up while that monster Gene pulled on the rope. I have this picture in my shop on the wall of fame, for obvious reasons. I hope that you all will enjoy it as much as I do.

Thomas Hull
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Thomas H; 12-05-2005 at 05:35 PM. Reason: picture lost

Post Thanks / Like

Default Great picture

Thomas,Thanks for joining BRF and posting the great picture. Joe

Post Thanks / Like

Default Same Here!!!

Thanks for joining and posting......for SURE...I see Chris and Jimmy (Schock) there and it brings back SO MANY MEMORIES.... The "TOILET BOWL" was so cool, Who would have thought to cut up a perfectly good 20-H housing to make a gas tank???

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default "What makes that thing tick?"

How about this one?

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default what a priceless photo!

Thomas--you just nailed the essence of Dieter Konig. His mind raced with thoughts about motors and racing. A picture is worth a thousand words they say and this is the Dieter I think anyone that was ever around him can remember.

It reminds me of the day we were hustling around Berlin getting parts to put together a 500cc speedway bike he had to get together in a couple of days for racing. We went to a number of small handcraft shops. To pick up a really light fiberglass faring, a small fuel tank that had been cast, a seat. We were running all over, and constantly Dieter thought and talked about racing. We got back to his wife's Mercedes from one of the little shops on the Ku-damm when he hesitated as he started to put the key in the lock. He looked up at me and said "This isn't my car. Mine doesn't have the wool seat covers." We walked to the end of the block, turned around went all the way back to the other end, but no car. There were lots of other Mercedes' but maybe one of the burgundy color and he recognized it at once that it was not his. We walked back to the first car, he tried the key and it worked. When we got back to his house he asked his wife Flo, "When did you put those wool seat covers on?" Flo replied, "About three months ago."

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Gotta give the credit for the Photo to good ole Uncle Paul...........He gave it to me several years ago. Glad you liked it.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Tom
    Good to hear from you. Really enjoyed the picture of your Grandpa,your Dad and Jim. Judging by how young everyone looks,I'd say this picture was taken while I was in the Navy.
    Your Grandpa used to call me "Admiral Numb-nutz" back then.

The picture of D. Konig reminds me of the time I caught him sneaking an intense peek at an A Looper we had torn down INSIDE the trailer. He didn't realize I was standing there. When I said "Runs pretty good doesn't it"?, he jumped, smiled and said "Ja". He may even have blushed a bit!

Like your Dad, he left us too soon, but I'm sure that he, Earle, and Chris are
    competing fiercly on Lake Paradise.
    Merry Christmas everyone!

Post Thanks / Like

Here's a cool photo taken by my brother (Greg Nelson) at the 1974 Pro Nationals.

Thread Information