Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Photos

Post Thanks / Like

Default Photos

Airmarine F Hydro heading out for a Kilo run - 1975.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Default Quincy Welding

Mr. C. What a guy. We started doing business with him in 1980. He had never worked a V6. He said send them down. So what, at that time he was absolutely at the top of the short list. So we did. What pleasure. What a man.

Did he deliver? Oh yes. What a man.

And there are stories and stories. And they are all super positive.

What a gentleman!!!!!
    Last edited by Ted March; 11-29-2004 at 06:17 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

F Runabout - Depue, IL Quincy 6 cyl.

Post Thanks / Like

Default My Quincy "A" Runabout...

Nice picture of the YELLOW F Runabout of Howard Anderson's... Watching a Loop Six against a good Stevens Cross Flow is heart pounding excitement...

This is a picture of my Kilo Record in A Racing Runabout....Now called 250 C Runabout, I think.

70.490 MPH at Parker, AZ, Thanksgiving Weekend, 1966.

This was a Hill boat, but it was Carl Meyers, BU hull that I had raced in 1965 in BU, finished third in Beaver Falls, PA Nationals...at Beaver, Charlie Strang had me get on the scales, with jacket and helmet, I went about 255....Charlie siad, "No use weighing thae boat and engine and I know they weigh more than 110 pounds....I was about 60 pounds over weight, Charlie's mother thought I was a great driver...

It was Carl's Looper A, too and HIS SMITH PROP......Papa Smith and I were very close in those days...

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Gene East could change out a piston between heats.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Gene East................

You are so right, Wayne. There was a time way back when that some engine work was needed after qualifying for A hydro, O. F. had handed my Dad a new cylinder head for running nitro. The engine was hung on the back of a chair in the hotel room and Jim and Gene were doing a number on it so it would be ready for the finals. We had just come up from the lobby where John Dortsch was mixing what he called 'Rocket Fuel' behing the bar and it was a happy time during the mechanic fest that went on that evening.
    This is a great picture of Gene with his trademark smile and biceps that could snap a tree in half with little effort. He just went through some back surgery recently and he is back on the net so I am assuming he is healing well. I'll let you know if I hear from him......................
    By the way........I don't remember but I think we broke in the A flathead in the hotel pool.............That's how good Big John's Rocket Fuel was. At least it was a good excuse for not remembering what happened the night before.
    Charley Bradley

Post Thanks / Like

Hey guys,
    I don't look like that anymore. Check out the picture on Jack McGrury's birthday posting. Actually part of the big belly is the back brace under my shirt.
    I had a fussion of L3,L4 and L5 on July 18. Recovery is progressing well. Worked 8 hours for the first time today.
    Boat racing ruined my ears and ruined my back, but man didn't we have fun?
    Chris asked me shortly before he died if I would like to turn the clock back 35 years and do it all over again.
    "DAMN RIGHT I WOULD"!!!!

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Me too!

..........But.......I guess Boatracingfacts is the closest we'll be able to come. How about some stories from the inside Gene. I bet there are a lot of interesting and funny stories that we have never heard.

Post Thanks / Like

Wayne,
    How can I get a copy of that picture? Does anyone know who the guy sitting next to me is?

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

David Letterman ... seriously, the whole Quincy story needs to be captured for posterity right here on BRF ...

Thread Information