Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: The demise of OMC

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fox News

Quote Originally Posted by RonHill
    The first thing I learned as a school teacher was how LOW average is....

Here's an example...I drive a V-8 Ford truck to the river, burn 25 gallons of gas both ways, and I use my 2 stroke 15 HP outboard to go fishing for two hours....I burn a 1/2 gallon of gas in the 15....at 50:1 oil mix.....My new four stroke didn't burn any oil????? While I was there I drove to Laughlin twice and Havasu once...Man did that new four stroke cut down on pollution...

YOU ARE SO right ABOUT CNN. I was walking through the Denver airport and CNN was on every channel, I thought Home Land Security would haul me off, as I made such a stink about putting Fox News on at least one TV!!!!

When I stgarted teaching 40 years ago, most in Orange County were Republicans, when I retired two years ago, I was the last Republican in the district...

Spent three days with my 17 year old last weekend, just us, by Sunday, we were lsiting to the radio, and hearing how the average Russian nuclear scientist makes $150 a month, BROC started expalining how the free market worked....but on Thursday night he'd started telling how taxes were good...

Too many CNN watchers for sure!!!

ADD: Glad Evinrude work well and they got great cowlings...
    Ron, you and I think alot alike. Here in Saint Louis we have a strong 2-party political system. We have the White Democrats and then we have the opposition, the Black Democrats. Recently Misssouri's voter i.d. law was struck down and I had the following printed on the editorial page of the Post-Dispatch "A Judge just ruled that you don't have to have an i.d. to vote. So, vote early, vote often, vote Democratic, even if you're dead - Tim Chance". A business associate of my wife said to her the next day "I didn't know Tim was a.... 'Republican'." He used his voice for the term "Rebublican" as most would use it to describe oh, a "kitten and puppy killer". Can't wait 'til spring to put one of your props on my Super E.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default How you tell the story

Adolf Hitler said it best: A well told lie is infinitely more palatable than the mundane truth.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default E-tech

Why is the E-Tec so clean? Seems to me it is basically a two stroke but all the oil is in the crankcase, but how do they oil the rings and such???

Seems to me that it is better than all them cams and valves, and stuff in a four stroke...

What gives? Why does it work? Or how does it work???

Michael J., Jim Nerstrom??? You guys can always tell me how the clock works when I ask what time is it....
    I didn't even spell it right and you want me to explain "How do it work?" I will say that anyone involved in developement of of 2-stroke Direct Injection discovered sooner or later it's a complete new learning curve. BRP now owns the E-Technology and I need to defer to someone else for detailed explanations.

In perspective, Bombardier's purchase of OMC from bankruptcy was a milestone. To their credit, they didn't just turn on the lights and start building product. To be successful, Johnson and Evinrude product must be better and profitable. Unlike Green Marine, they got it up and running and sold it to BRP. Regardless of views on DI, the right technology wins in the market place.

YARD BIRD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Why is it so clean ?

Why is the E-Tec so clean? Seems to me it is basically a two stroke but all the oil is in the crankcase, but how do they oil the rings and such???

Seems to me that it is better than all them cams and valves, and stuff in a four stroke...

What gives? Why does it work? Or how does it work???

Michael J., Jim Nerstrom??? You guys can always tell me how the clock works when I ask what time is it....
    My thought is - with all the oil (not very much) in the crankcase ,at first, since there is NO gas(fuel) in the crank case -it needs only a small amount(of oil) for lubing the crankshaft, rods , pistons ,rings & with computerized fuel injection, only the correct amount of fuel is allowed into the combustion area - presto- low waste of fuel, very low polution ( of course our all knowing e.p.a. people know better- don't try to confuse them with any FACTS )

Post Thanks / Like

Default Show me the numbers and the criteria....

And, only then can you accurately assess what works.

An engine related case in point. Moronicus the magnificent at the EPA decides removing sufer from diesel fuels will pollute less. So, by a process similar to freeze drying coffee, sulfers are extracted, creating a lower emmision exhaust on test engines in laboratories.

Problem not thought of or even concerned with is this....

Sulfeless fuels create more friction in injection and injector pumps, thus wearing them out in about 1/2 the time as the usual diesel. Diesels need that sulfer for lubrication.

Moronicus the EPA genious did not ever go back and test engines that had 100,000 road miles for pullutants, they simply used new engines in a laboratory condition. As the injection pumps wear and truckers and heavy equipment keeps running, becaause of th additional wear, they pollute more as they are run.

So sorry, another governmental blunder slips through the cracks.

So, lemme see the numbers and the data. Then we'll confirm one way or another what is working.

Thread Information