Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: fuel stableizes

FFX-61
    Post Thanks / Like

Default fuel stableizes

was wonderin if addin this stuff ( like stai-ble or whats it' called), is guna get
    an auto DQ, or has any of the things on the list of Baned Forever and you for uesin it

was thinkin maybe buy some extra, how long is to long to keep the stuff,
    30days, 60 ?
    thanks
    FF

YARD BIRD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Sta-bil

It has kept my gas in my Toyota motor home , and my lawn mower gas in can or in the mower FRESH at least 6 months. as you know , gas gets rotten , easily in a few weeks to a couple months .I know how good Sta-Bil brand is , i don't have knowledge of other brands.

Post Thanks / Like

When we had our company operating out of Chicago, there were 140 give or take a few walk behind and ride on lawn mowers, and snow blowers in the fleet because we did alot of grounds maintenance. I bought into the Sta-Bil alert early on, after woe is me hug a tree oxygenating gasolines came on the market. Then one year we got hit hard with a wet drippy snow and it never stopped all season. Between wrenching on snow plows and end loaders, we litterally did not have time to winterize the mowers. We figured this was going to cost us big come spring....We started dumping fuel until one of the laborers fired up a mower...Then another, and, another.....And another....And on and on....Se topped the tanks with fresh fuel, not a problem all spring and through season with fuel. So, next year I saved the $1,500.00 or so we dropped on stabilizers and did it that way. After wards I gave this method my STS (slicker than snot) rating of approval.

FFX-61
    Post Thanks / Like

a bit differant ,stale gas loses octain, wich is ok for a four stroke lawn moser,
    on a racein outboard, the low oct with the the high compression and timein for the octain, it will burn down.
    i'm not worryed about it gettin gummed up, thinkin more about how long i can store it before it goes stale, checkin in to some connsentrate stuff, comes in like a 5gal bach, you mix it with about 15-20 gals of high test to make racegas

burn down $ucks, ya it does

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Gasoline Issues

Quote Originally Posted by Skoontz
    When we had our company operating out of Chicago, there were 140 give or take a few walk behind and ride on lawn mowers, and snow blowers in the fleet because we did alot of grounds maintenance. I bought into the Sta-Bil alert early on, after woe is me hug a tree oxygenating gasolines came on the market. Then one year we got hit hard with a wet drippy snow and it never stopped all season. Between wrenching on snow plows and end loaders, we litterally did not have time to winterize the mowers. We figured this was going to cost us big come spring....We started dumping fuel until one of the laborers fired up a mower...Then another, and, another.....And another....And on and on....Se topped the tanks with fresh fuel, not a problem all spring and through season with fuel. So, next year I saved the $1,500.00 or so we dropped on stabilizers and did it that way. After wards I gave this method my STS (slicker than snot) rating of approval.
    At a reformulated gas conference they said all gasoline is only guaranteed for 90 days. Delay from refining to transport and storage would make 60 days more reasonable. Best to buy only the amount of fuel you need from a high volume dealer.

Fuel additives are a preventative maintenance product. Probably good to "treat" a race motor, but not use in race fuel. Also, only use additives at recommended ratio. More is not better!

I use "Sea Foam" as it works in cars, boats and small engines. It has detergents to clean gum and varnish. Sea Foam's "Deep Creep" areosol sprayed in cylinder will "lite" a stuborn starting rope start motor. Also works for loosening fasteners and when heated oil additive propogates to fastener to ease removal.

FFX-61
    Post Thanks / Like

At a reformulated gas conference they said all gasoline is only guaranteed for 90 days. Delay from refining to transport and storage would make 60 days more reasonable.
    thanks, thats what i'm lookin for, on raceday i'll run fresh stuff, but for cruzin
    think i will need my own fuel, don't want to be sendin to much to my lawn moser

Thread Information