Thread: An Amazing Story

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default That line sure is straight....

.....it does look like a short cut Stan. I don't remember what was going on then, but look at Joe...........It must be important because he's taking notes.: But then again...it was Joe who threw me out two races prior because we were going too fast for him to respond at the same time to my pickleforks, the cannon and the clock. He was wearing black and white vertical stripes then instead of the red, white and blue team colors.

BoatRacingFacts VIP John Schubert T*A*R*T's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default e-mail

Wayne,
    Attempted to send a copy of an e-mail about the reunion, but it erred saying your e-mail address (the one on your profile) wasn't valid. I sent a copy to Joe & asked that he copy you. I trust you got it. Please reply by e-mail to me at jschubert@wi.rr.com. I then will have your address.

Need contact info for the reunion.
    John

Post Thanks / Like

Default My E Mail

John, I am very sorry about the E mail. I have had nothing but problems since Hughes bought Direcway. They don't have any consideration for people that are not computer literate. They sent us notice by E mail that our account was to be changed over, but I didn't know who they were and ignored it. It worked for three months after that then quit. When I found out what happened and had to go back and retrieve trashed E mails I was able to get the info to get us switched over. It worked for my wife Debbie and appeared to make the successful switch to mine as well. But there was a glitch and I was never able to recieve or send since then. I didn't have time to hang on the phone for an hour so finally Debbie tried to fix it. It took almost two hours and a couple of people to find out what the problem was. I thought it was fixed last week. Anyway---give me a try mort73@hughes.net. Believe me, if there were any other providers out here I would switch because Hughes is not user friendly and I have already had E mails sail off into the ether.

Post Thanks / Like

Default back to the class

Stan--You know my Dad enough to tell from his expression that he means for you to pay attention and get it right. Well....everyone decided they better take notes.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Post Thanks / Like

Default UIM OD World, 1977

Hey Dan M....there you are behind Rex Hall.

David_L6

The first trailer, the one with the life jacket on it....Bill Van Steenwyks'?

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Wayne,

Good eyes! That is me behind Rex. That picture shows the pits as they were on Thursday or Friday. They were at the end of the straightaway on a little jut out. When the Unlimiteds started to test, we all realized that it was not the place to be. I remember people running up the bank when Muncey came down the striaght the first time. I thought there was no way he could make the corner without coming through us. Needless to say, the pits were moved to the middle of the striaight out of harms way. It was pretty impressive watching the unlimiteds coming right at us with 30' high roostertails and sponson walking all the way down the straight.

David L-6, that is Bill Van's trailer with the jacket on it.

Dan

Post Thanks / Like

Default A momentary pause..........

..............John, I did get your E mail and the one forwarded to Joe, and one from Dean Wilson. I haven't responded yet because even though I can now receive, when I tried to reply to you there was an error message and I have to notify Hughes. It said there is something in the system that is a problem. I can NOW at least bring up the screen to write a message, but how do I NOTIFY THEM? Can't call. Have to go through all that other BS again. I am not computer literate enough to know all the shortcut sign languages, but does POS mean anything to you guys out there?

Post Thanks / Like

Default back to a more positive note.....

.....and that would be Dan's memory.

I had forgotten about that little sandy beach. It was a beautiful and perfect area for pits. Everyone was getting a tan and leisurely rigging up, joking, having a great time all around. The Unlimiteds started to put to the water to test. The photo I took was with a 24 mm lens which I always used in the pits because I felt it closer approximates the human peripheral vision. But it's kind of like the mirror on the passenger side. OBJECTS ARE CLOSER THAN THEY APPEAR!

I don't have a shot of Muncey blowing down that turn, but knowing his showmanship and the funster in him, I suspect he knew we would take notice. It wasn't long until we moved.

As it turned out Bill Muncey and Mickey Remund were in a heated race when Muncey's turn fin departed just coming off the bottom turn. He lost it at a point where he knew it and he wasn't turning so he was able to finish, but at a tip toe through the turns at Dayton. But......what if?

oldalkydriver

Talking Receiving e-mails!

Wayne,
    I don't know which mail product you are using, but maybe this will help. If you are using Outlook Express or Outlook, check your ISP's web site for email setup. If you find it, they will have listed a pop3 and directly under it you'll see "incoming mail pop3: and some info in the blank space. Probably mail.hughes.com". Chances are it is the same for 'out going mail smtp. Try it. If you open outlook express, go to tools, accounts, highlite the info, properties, server tab and there is the info. Check your out going smtp. That is where your problem lies. If you still have a problem, let me know. I'm in the Philippines now, but I still have some instructions by the numbers on this pc. Meantime, I'll check hughes and see what I can find. Good Luck

Thread Information