I'm sure there are more folks than just myself would be interested in hearing if Earl ever got the chance to test a Stock Car (or any other type Formula Car) and what the results were.

He was always one of my favorite drivers to watch, along with Billy and others, driving for both Mercury and OMC during the "heyday" of Tunnel Boat Racing on the Meramec River in George Winter Park in St. Louis County. The "factory wars" years provided some of the best racing ever, especially at the George Winter Park race course with the two short and two longer straight-a-ways making for four separate turns each lap. I had the opportunity to sit in the turn right in front of the judges stand for all the heats of the OZ Championship when it was run there and it was a fantastic race, especially from that perspective.

In addition to the actual race, the politics between the factories were pretty interesting also, particularly when several engine protests were filed. The CIA had nothing on the factories when forced to present their respective engines for tear down because of one of these protests that took place.