Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: BWRC '300' Enduro 2007 Q & A

rossdbos

Thumbs up BWRC '300' Enduro 2007 Q & A

This thread should be for Q & A for the rules and interpretation of the rules. Also, questions that are not in the rules but should be answered. No bashing or instigations will be tolerated, just Questions and Answers.

Here is a sample of what a perspective racer posted that I answered on another website/messageboard and I think has merit being posted over here.

Questions 1 - 9:
    1. What class would my 21 Blown v-drive with interior, or without most of it run ?
    Answer: We will know better after the December 3rd rules meeting, which you are welcome to attend. Things will not change drastically, just more "fine tuning" for parity!

2. What safety items do we need, Helmet, engine kill cord, safety -race -jacket, to what spec?
    Answer: Snell Approved Helmet, Kill Switch, Return spring for Throttle, lifejacket (which along with the Helmet can be rented from Lifeline either on-site or pre-reserve it and pick it up during check in on Friday-Cost is around $100, I believe but check with Bill at Lifeline.) All this is in the rules posted at www.boatracingfacts.com under the forums section in BWRC '300' Enduro thread entitled official rules. Please visit as 95% of the rules, like this will not change.

3. Fire extinguisher?
    Answer: Yes, you should have one on board, along with a paddle and tow rope, in case you break down and need to be towed in, it helps speed things along.
    Also, you will need one for your pits for fueling.

4. Tow rope, attached or detached?
    Answer: Attached at the Bow Eye and taped back along the deck (to keep from flapping and beating up the deck while racing.)

5. Fuel stops, how many?
    Answer: 2 Fuel stops are madatory (10 minutes madatory each time) plus anytime you hit the trailer, ie: even if you have done your two pit stops and you misjudged on gas or have a problem with your motor/propeller, etc. as soon as you put it on the trailer (for the 3rd time or more) it is a 10 minute minimum stoppage each time you hit the trailer but for sure 2 mandatory fuel pit stops.

6. Drivers required ?
    Just one, if you want to "iron man it" go for it, conversely, you can have as many co-drivers as you want. All driver's and co-drivers must be signed up at registration or before the start of the event.

7. I see APBA mentioned, do you have to be a member? cost for just this race?
    [I]Answer: Yes, a "single event" membership for APBA is $40. This is in addition to your "Entry fee" of $300 (provided you pre-register before the deadline).[/I]

8. I am very familiar with participating in racing events, I competed 22 years of motocross and 4 1/2 years of road racing, both at amateur and pro levels, so i'm not a stranger to rules, just want to know the correct ones for this event.
    Answer: They will be posted by January leaving 10 months to absorb each and every rule or get all questions answered!

9.Question: Okay, so bottom line is go until you see the checkered flag !!!
    Answer: You are absolutely correct. This is true for ALL RACING!!!!!

Please let me know if there are any questions I can answer.
    Sincerely,
    Ross Wallach, RPM RACING ENT.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Blown V-Drive

The rules for the Parker 300, 2007 have now been posted and your Blown V-drive 21 foot boat fits nicely in Division IV. All of the rest of the questions you asked were answered by Ross, however, they are also covered in the "body" of the 2007 rules which have been posted. I would like to clarify one of Ross' answers regarding "go until you see the checkered flag". As in all racing there are other flags that control the race. An example would be the red flag or the black flag. You as a driver are responsible for knowing exactly what to do when you see one of these flags while racing the Enduro. Please make a copy of these rules for future use and get your registration in. Rod Z.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Gentlemen, I am going to need some interpretation on the rules to figure out what class one of the boats we plan on running will be entering. There is a good possibility that Short Bus/Shocker Racing will be entering a couple of boats in this years 300. I know that one boat is going to have to run in Div VI, but not sure of the other. Here are the specifications on the other boat.

21'6" Production IO V bottom cruiser. 509cid engine with Bravo 1 outdrive. Non blown, single carb. Pump gas (approx. 500h.p.) It does have a Bravo 1 with STOCK 1" shorty lower unit directly from Mercury, with nose cone & low water pickup). This boat is our standard production boat that we build for customers.

The only class that I am reading is that it will fit in Div VI. Is that correct? Div III calls for IO's to have small block power only. Div IV Calls for outboard power only. Div V is outboard mod VP, Div VI is unlimited.

I believe that if we run in Div VI we will have no chance of being competitive. We would be running against boats with over 2x our horse power and have 40-50mph top end advantage. I would like to put on a good show with our stock production boat.

Can I please get a ruling on where this boat would fit in the divisions.
    Shocker Racing

Post Thanks / Like

Badblown, I can see your problem and I agree with you! Our program is to seek PARITY among boats, yet leave no boat behind! We are having a short meeting to "tweak" some of the rules so that no one falls between the cracks. Call me as soon as you get this message and we can discuss in further detail. I think something can be worked out that will be favorable to everyone. (310) 488-3563 Rod Zapf ------- MINUTES LATER: Thats the way to do it Danny! Danny has just called me and I am going to go to work for him! Let no boat be left behind and seek PARITY for all! Guys, I am here to help. We want you in this race and wish everyone could win, but most of all, we want everyone to have a chance of winning!

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Rod.
    Shocker Racing

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Not knowing what exact boat this is but a 22ft stoker with that setup runs 100mph and that would be a very tough boat in Div VI. To me it sounds like it fits right in with out any rule changes.

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning ladies and gents. This is an alert only. Stand-by for a "tweak" of the rules. If you are building a "175" for Division I, I would advize you to put it on "hold"for the moment. Minor additions to Div IV to allow more than just the outboard ski boats. Div VI boat start time has been adjusted to give them a better look at the finish line. Ross will have the official version of the rules modification #1 in print ASAP. Rod

Post Thanks / Like

Ross has posted the update to the "tweaked" Parker Enduro rules. I caution everyone to read more than just the Division rules and the start times. In particular, I recommend you read the rules and definitions that follow the official start times. You may want to read the definition of a "FIELD" of boats and of what it consists. We believe that we need to up the entries to a minimum of 40 boats this year to continue this race. We have been gradually upping the number from the last enduro run in the late 80's. That "field" consisted of about 25 boats starting and less than 12 finishing if my memory serves me right. They could not sustain the race with their numbers and we need to continue "building" our numbers if we are to continue this race. The Bluewater Resort will be remodeling and they will not be able to "save" as many rooms for us as in the past so I recommend that you get your entries in and your room reservations made early. Now is not too early.
    Another minor change this year is the MINIMUM QUALIFYING SPEED OF 55 MPH. Rod

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

So are these the final rules or will they get changed again?

rossdbos

Default These are the rules!

These are the rules. There were a few loopholes and some disparities that raised concerns about parity between divisions so the rules were looked at and changed. I don't forsee any changes but if there are some loopholes or disparities that we have somehow overlooked it will go under review. I would ask your understanding as we are dealing with 6 divisions and wide variations in speeds and boats and we all are striving for parity. We want to give the entire field a fair chance at the checkered flag, which I'm sure you and the rest can appreciate.
    Thank you,
    Ross Wallach, RPM RACING ENT.

Thread Information