Thread: Rudy Ramos

Raysoncrafter

Default Rudy Ramos

Friday 9/1
    Rudy Ramos died today.

Boat racing, and the boating industry in general has lost an icon- a true Hall of Fame icon....

My sympathies to his family, and to those of you who were close to him.

I am proud that I had the opportunity to travel to LA and spend time with him. What a great guy he was to me.

DaveA

Team Member

Default "Number 9"

Posted over at HB by "Number 9".........

Rudy Ramos Memorial Details

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Memorial service for Rudy Ramos will be held Saturday 9/9/06 at
    Roosevelt Mortuary 18255 S. Vermont Ave ,Gardena Calif. (across from Ascot) 11:00am.

Default More Rudy Raymos

http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forum...ead.php?t=3068

A link to more Rudy Raymos info....

rossdbos

Default Goodbye Rudy!

On Behalf of the entire Grand National Racing Association, SCSC, RPM Racing Ent. we wish to extend our condolences to Rudy's daughters in this time of grief.
    Rudy was a true living legend during our time, for those of us that were fortunate enough to know him realize what an icon within the sport he was, one whose impression has left in indellible mark on all those that he knew and were affected by him.
    I can say for myself, it was at Rudy's behest and prodding that I took on the task of working to rebuild the GN (GNRA)class after the two tragedies that almost ended the class not so very many years ago. We may not have always agreed on the method but in the end we still had great respect for each other.

The entire boat racing and boating community owes him a debt of gratitude for all of his innovations, accomplishments and committment to the sport he loved so much!

I take comfort knowing that even though the last few months since his mother's passing were difficult ones, he, through his driver, Dave Rankin, in the Yellow #9 took home the APBA GN National Championship for 2006! For that alone brought a tremendous smile and sense of satisfaction to the man who made boat racing his life. Another Championship to add to a very vast and extensive list of accomplishments from a long and successful career! Rudy went out on top, right where he wanted to be!

Rest in peace my friend!

Godspeed!

Ross Wallach, President GNRA, SCSC, RPM Racing Ent.

Default It Was Nice, Rudy Would Have Enjoyed Himself...

I just got home from Rudy's funeral...My brother, John Bonicci and I went together...

A big crowd...a great DVD of Rudy was shown, I want a copy...

Grier Rush, Paul Fitzgerald, Dave Rankin and Ronnie (Rudy's daughter) all spoke... They did a great job, I could not have said much, I was too emotional.... DAve Rankin said he went by Rudy's shop one time, because Rudy asked him to, and he kept coming back, everyday, for 13-14 years...

I saw Andy Casale, Bill Foster, Moneypit, Harlan Orin, Dick Clark, Gordie Jennings, Mr. and Mrs. Ben Marrone, Ross the Boss, Mike Wallace of Tiny Tim fame, Bryan Wilson, Lance Hasselrig, Bouncey, Young Rankin....Stan Leader, Ken Wilcoxen, Rusher Air, ...Chad Hill, Pat Bowman...just to name a few....Many, many more, thanks for being there....I know Rudy would have liked the day!!!

Two people I expected to see and didn't were Mike Reagan and Spencer, Rudy's tall friend...bet Spencer didn't know about the funeral

Rudy had a lot of friends, and we all won't forget him easily....
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by Ron Hill; 09-09-2006 at 03:36 PM.

Team Member

That was a beautiful memorial. Probably the nicest I have ever attended... I only knew Rudy for a short time. However he would call me at least once a week to check in & find out how the boat was comming along. So I got to b.s. with him a lot in the last year or so. He would let me come down & look the 9 boat over & ask as many questions as possible. He loaned me propellers & what ever else I needed. He called me on tuesday after long beach to see how I was doing. He asked me if I was happy with the results of the race. I told him hell no! We were the firest loosers again & this was going to change in the near future!!!! We both laughed & I thanked him for all his help & interest in our project! I didn't realize it would be the last conversation I would have with him. In this world there are not many people who are so generous & welcoming... I will miss the man very much & feel like the GN world will never be the same. For a regular "Joe" like myself growing up reading about guys like Rudy, Ron Hill, Brummet, and many more it is a gift unlike any other to be recieving phone calls on my cell from a guy like Rudy to see how I am doing... I don't think people get those kinds of oppertunitys on an everyday basis!

Thank you Rudy for being friend to me... I will miss you my amgio! Go easy on heaven & save some for me!

Thread Information