Lee Buchanan, from Bellvue Iowa, "tripped" while in a hard practice turn on the Mississippi river August 28th. He nearly took the steering wheel and part of the panel out prior to leaving the ship. Fortunately, Lee was not injured however he has deemed his Division I boat unraceable! He has hauled out his old and "unfinished" 16 foot tunnel boat and is trying to get it ready for the 300 Enduro but time is running out. There is only one other boat, a cracker box that ran last year, who has verbally expressed his desire to race but as yet, has not sent in his entry. I have also heard from the JSS class out of the East coast and there is interest but no confirmation. It would be great fun to watch the Crackers and JSS's go at it for 300 miles.
As you all know, if there are not at least FOUR (4) boats registered in a Division, the boats that are in that division will move to the next division and they will lose their handicap. As in Div I, should there be only two boats entered, they will be forced to start with the Division II boats and forfeit their handicap. So guys, get your registrations in and "look" for other racers in the same division to help fill the starting demands for THE FOUR (4) BOAT REQUIREMENT. Rod Zapf