Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Divison I in jeapardy!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Divison I in jeapardy!!

Lee Buchanan, from Bellvue Iowa, "tripped" while in a hard practice turn on the Mississippi river August 28th. He nearly took the steering wheel and part of the panel out prior to leaving the ship. Fortunately, Lee was not injured however he has deemed his Division I boat unraceable! He has hauled out his old and "unfinished" 16 foot tunnel boat and is trying to get it ready for the 300 Enduro but time is running out. There is only one other boat, a cracker box that ran last year, who has verbally expressed his desire to race but as yet, has not sent in his entry. I have also heard from the JSS class out of the East coast and there is interest but no confirmation. It would be great fun to watch the Crackers and JSS's go at it for 300 miles.
    As you all know, if there are not at least FOUR (4) boats registered in a Division, the boats that are in that division will move to the next division and they will lose their handicap. As in Div I, should there be only two boats entered, they will be forced to start with the Division II boats and forfeit their handicap. So guys, get your registrations in and "look" for other racers in the same division to help fill the starting demands for THE FOUR (4) BOAT REQUIREMENT. Rod Zapf

Post Thanks / Like

Lee Buchanan may be down & wet, but he is a long way from out. After going in the water and deeming his second boat "GIANT BUSTER" unraceable he has dragged out his half finished tunnel boat. He is putting the finishing touches to it and will be ready to test by the end of next week! In the background of picture number 2 you can see the "rail", a jet drag boat Made in Arizona and converted to outboard, that Lee had planned to race. The hull was designed by a guy whose first name is Jay---anyone got a line on this gent. He plans to attend the "300".
    Capnzee
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by capnzee; 09-14-2006 at 06:47 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jersy Speed Skiff...Division I

Talked to a young man and his wife or girl friend, this wekend in San Diego...They said they'd like to run Division I, but wanted to know if they could run one in the boat... I told them, I didn't think that would be a problem, as I read nothing that said any boat had to have two in the boat...

Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely correct Ron we would love to get a JSS in Division I. Did you get a promise or anything?

Post Thanks / Like

MAXIMUS has offered to run an "off the shelf" ski boat with a V8 engine in Division I. We recognize this is not in line with the rules, but we also know that a Bayliner boat does not violate the "spirit" of the rule. The race committee thus has ruled in favor of the Bayliner V8 running in Division I. Division I now needs just one more boat for their own start! Rod PS Get your entries in pronto--we have a race to save and their is still time!

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Bayliner!!! Should be interesting crossing that wake at 100.

Post Thanks / Like

That Bayliner boat will make less wake than the Div III boats but like all racing, you can drive smart or you can drive dumb! You choose how you want to drive! I happen to think our drivers will drive safe!

Post Thanks / Like

Jerry Ross of CB fame has shown interest in getting one of the three Cucci Boats running in Div. 1. He is planning on picking one of them up today, bringing it back to his shop and prepping it for the spare Cracker Box Drivers that are lined up to drive the Parker 300. No wonder the CB's are such a success, those guys know how to have fun! Get going Jerry and good luck. Let me know if the rest of Cucci's fleet can be "saved". Rod

Thread Information