Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: oh dear....More terrible news :(

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure this will bring about important talks - perhaps adding flotation boxes like the capsules have. Or maybe someone will come up with something else that's even better. I'm sure nobody ever expected something like this.

This mission is difficult. Divers say the visibility is zero - and they can't even read their air guages when they are down there.

http://www.thewbalchannel.com/news/9787403/detail.html

Post Thanks / Like

Welll, right now I'm trying to drink my coffee with tears in my eyes after reading this message posted by Patti Kennedy Hayes. Boat racers are one special breed.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am on the phone with my Mother right now. They are still in Port
    Deposit with the rescue team. Right now it is raining in Port Deposit.
    The APBA rescue team and the team that was brought in to use sonar in
    the river is supposed to be back on the river this morning.

She also told me how unbelievable the town has been to them. They have
    supplied everyone with food and drinks since this happened. They have
    even brought in a grief counselor for the family and anyone who needs
    them. The Mayor has been directly involved with the search and has had
    the Sohn Family staying at his house and he is determined that he will
    not give up until they find Paul.

There is a lot of support for the family there. There are a few families
    that have stayed to support the family and there has even been some race
    teams that were not at the race that are there now to help wherever they
    can.

I will give more updates as I get them.

Thanks!
    Patti Kennedy-Hayes

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The rescue team says they'll be posting further updates to the forums at:
    www.jerseyspeedskiffs.com

Post Thanks / Like

Patti just added this note:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I was talking to Kim Liddycoat last night and we are trying to come up with a fund raiser or two to help raise money for the Sohn Family. We are not sure what we are going to do and would like some suggestions from people. I am looking for donations of raffle items to help in this situation. If anyone would like to donate some nice items to be raffled off please email me directly at PHayes25@comcast.net If any items are donated I will post the items on this list with the details on the raffle tickets (cost, drawing date, drawing location, etc…)

Paul has left behind a wife, 2 daughters, and a son. His two daughters, Brittany and Tiffany, are taking classes at a college in Salisbury and his son, T.J. is in high school. The financial burden on Kim is going to be very tough. As a racing family I am sure that we are all wanting to help this family and we would appreciate all of the help we could give the family.

I have already received my first donation for a raffle item. Scott and Kim Liddycoat has donated a handmade replica wooden boat. The winner of this raffle can have a boat of their choice made. If you have not seen Scott’s boats in the past, they are absolutely beautiful.

He does all types of boats.

We have not decided on the cost of the raffle tickets yet but it looks like the winners of any raffles that we have will be drawn at the race in Clarksville, Virginia. We will work out the details of the raffle and post them later.

If anyone has any questions please contact either Kim or myself. Kim’s email is kimliddycoat@yahoo.com and mine is PHayes25@comcast.net
    Last edited by Miss BK; 09-05-2006 at 08:40 AM. Reason: To add "replica" to the handmade boat - this is a replica, not a real boat.

Post Thanks / Like

He's been found.

FROM JERSEYSPEEDSKIFFS.COM:
    Hello everyone. Jimmie Stewart from Port Deposit.
    At 10:50 am we brought home Paul Sohn.
    Everyone needs to pray for the Sohn Family!

Team Member Sked@jerseyspeedskiffs.com's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Donation for Family of Skiff Driver Killed

The Jersey Speed Skiff Class is soliciting donations to help out the family of Paul Sohn, the skiff racer who was killed during a race in Port Deposit, MD. last weekend. Paul was a great guy but he was not a wealthy man financially speaking. He and his family sacrificed alot in order to participate in the sport they loved. He leaves behind a wife and three children all of whom participated with him and were regulars at all our races. His son and two daughters all took their turns racing in the boat with their dad and his wife drove the tow vehicle and handle logistics for their team. The nicest of people.
    Any contributions to help out our brother's family would ease the burden of Paul's untimely death and would be greatly appreciated. If you are inclined to make a donation, please click the link below.

Make a donation to the Sohn Family

All donations go to a non profit, tax free bank account set up exclusively for the Sohn family.

Thread Information