Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Formula1 Oz Tunnel Boats

Hybrid View

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Formula1 Oz Tunnel Boats

Hi all boatracers, I am currently restoring a 1978 Molinari tunnel which is going to have an EVINRUDE V8 F1 engine on it. Iam finding it very difficult to get any information, photos ,video footage of this class of tunnel boat racing back in the early 80s. If anyone has any links, contacts I would really appreciate your help. Thanks. Advantage Marine, Australia.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Post Pictures of What You Have...

In 1978, Freddy Hauenstein and I won the Parker 9 Hour with a Molinari...but we used a V-6 Evinrude. Post pictures of what you have and you can create some interest here...Jimbo McConnell can help you and though he has some physical problems that makes posting hard for him, I can get a TON of answers from JIMBO..

So, post away you pictures and questions...we a BRF plan to be the biggest web page known to MAN!!!!! Someday!!!

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Formula 1 - OZ

Ron is right, in 1978 we were running V6 engines. The V8 did not come out until several years later. Depending on the history of your 1978 Molinari it would have most likely used a cross-flow V6 (Evinrude CCC). You are going to find the V8 is too heavy and too powerful for the boat. If you can post some additonal information if will help. Jimbo would be an excellent resource for your project since he was the first to drive all of our new race engines.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Which v8 do you have, the oz motor or the 6" fuelie? I tried running an oz on a short tunnel and it was some kinda ride. I am thinking of trying my ccc motor on it, maybe. Post some pics.

Preserving OMC Heritage LIQUID NIRVANA's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Some info for you re OMC

My Email is

evinrude_etec_racing@yahoo.com.au

I live at Nowra, NSW.

Regards, Ken

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I love the names of Australian towns

Liquid Nirvana.... when someone posts a town I don't know, I look up at the wall in front of the computer where there is a world map. Only the largest cities are there but I took a chance to see if Nowra was there. Nope. But I did find some great names for towns in NSW. Dubbo, Coonamble, Wagga Wagga, Cooma, Wollongong, and.......who named a city Orange?

Thread Information