Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Bill Tenney's Class C Alky Twin Engine Couplers??

Post Thanks / Like

Default Baycraft Hydro

The Baycraft was build in Baytown, Texas. Gary Cirvis (pronounced service) from Madison, Wisconsin was the Midwestern dealer. A lot of the guys ran the boat. If the 4-cyl Anzani was ever on a hydro it would have been on a Baycraft. The photo is Gary Cirvis a little out of control in his Baycraft.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

John (Taylor) Gabrowski

Default Gary Cirvis??? Jeff's Cirvis's Father?

I cringe looking at pictures like that from that era. Round nosed hydros seemed to constantly be outa shape then than anything like now since the advent of the pickelfork multi-step hydros. Was Gary Cirvis, Jeff Cirvis's father or near relative?? Jeff is from Madison, Wisconsin and was racing Pugh and a Konig 4 banger last I seen him in the 1990s. I got all the Quincy Flatheads in C, D and 44 cube F from Jeff in the mid 1990s. One was the Class F Quincy Flathead F-18 engine which with others has been sold after their rebuilds were completed about a year ago now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John Taylor
    I cringe looking at pictures like that from that era. Round nosed hydros seemed to constantly be outa shape then than anything like now since the advent of the pickelfork multi-step hydros. Was Gary Cirvis, Jeff Cirvis's father or near relative?? Jeff is from Madison, Wisconsin and was racing Pugh and a Konig 4 banger last I seen him in the 1990s. I got all the Quincy Flatheads in C, D and 44 cube F from Jeff in the mid 1990s. One was the Class F Quincy Flathead F-18 engine which with others has been sold after their rebuilds were completed about a year ago now.
    Has to be. There were 2 brothers Gary and his younger brother, Greg???, I know after I moved away from the upper midwest they started racing again. I saw them all at the Nationals at Depue and one of them had a son that was racing. I think it was Gary's son.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I can confirm that Gary is Jeff's dad. Gary and my dad were friends from grade school and lived within a few blocks of each other in Madison. Jeff and I spent several winter breaks together until we moved to CA. Ironically we both were running 700 H about the same time just in different parts of the country.

Dean Wilson
    deanwilson17@sbcglobal.net

Post Thanks / Like

Default Baycraft...

I thought Baycraft hydros were built in San Francisco, California area??? Are there two Baycrafts? The ones I remember had a step in h planning surface and we always thought this made the boat get through rough water better....

Post Thanks / Like

Default Baycraft

Quote Originally Posted by RonHill
    I thought Baycraft hydros were built in San Francisco, California area??? Are there two Baycrafts? The ones I remember had a step in h planning surface and we always thought this made the boat get through rough water better....
    The Cirvis brothers tried to sell me a new boat, I thought they said they were built in Texas, but I could be wrong. And it seems I remember something about Baycraft from the Bay area. I do remember the step in the bottom. It seems like the B boat and the straight C boat had a step but the C/D didn't. It was a long time ago, I do remember that they ran very well.

Post Thanks / Like

Default A Anzani with dual pipes

Talked to Marty Stahl at the USTS race in Raliegh this weekend about the Tenney Anzani with the dual pipe setup and we both agreed that the expansion chamber portion was twisted like a rams horn. John, maybe by seeing how the valve works you can imagine how a pipe wrapped around with the stinger about 450 degrees from the inlet would work.

Thread Information