Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: This is History... The making of the 3D video game, Tunnel Boat Terror!!

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow This is History... The making of the 3D video game, Tunnel Boat Terror!!

Hello everyone, my name is Sam La Banco Jr.

As you may or may not know I am making the video game named "Tunnel Boat Terror" based on these boats and there racing.
    So far I am about 3 and a half years in the making now. I've have come a long way!!
    I have updated my movie gallery and my render gallery for T.B.T.
    Also there are two new movies from Nationals 2006 in Kankakee, IL.
    Throughout the week I will be uploading a lot more footage from previous
    years of racing. So make sure to check back soon!
    You can check out some of these links to get an idea of what my game
    "Tunnel Boat Terror" is about. How far the game has come along... and so forth!

- Tunnel Boat Terror 3D Render Gallery (picture gallery) * new content
    - Tunnel Boat Terror Movie Gallery (Animations & Movies)* new content
    - My company website

I am currently in the process of texturing the 3D tunnel boat models to make them look like actual racer's boats.
    I have about 4 racers boats done in complete detail, not including 3 older versions (paint jobs) of my dad's old boats.
    Eventually, I will be constructing a promotional video about the game, filled with real movie footage, solid 3D models & animation.
    Sort of like an action packed movie sequence to promote my game, and further inform people about the sport..

Anyways I want to involve anyone who is a boat racer for the APR SUPERLEAGUE, U.I.M., A.P.B.A., or any other
    boat racing affiliation in Europe or USA...

I WANT TO PUT YOU IN MY GAME!!!... That means I need to model your boat identically, (at least the rear cowling design, paint job & # )
    If you are a race boat driver, and would like to see yourself in a video game YOU MUST CONTACT ME AND LET ME KNOW.

• After Jan 1st, I cannot accept any more racers for my game!
    • I can only accept 30 racers, I curently have 14 or so.. So email me soon to ensure your in my game!

I want to thank everyone who has helped me get to where I am now... I am making this game for both my dad and his fellow racers.
    For hydroplane racing and tunnel boat racing. I hope to bring far greater attention, to which is so rightfully deserved, to the sport and it's community.
    Thanks again for your time and enjoy the new content!

P.S. sorry for the extremely long post...

~ Sam La Banco Jr. [ samlabanco@gmail.com ]

Post Thanks / Like

whar ever happened to this gm. huge nascar gamer and i really want a boat 1?

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow 2008 T.b.t Update

Been a long time since I had the resources to continue to work on my game.

Since early 2008, I have bought the Tunnel Boat Terror.com website,
    which is not online yet (no major content).... I have also completed
    what some may call the hardest part of the build... The water physics.
    I have also completed the G.U.I. (user interface). As well as 4 different tunnel boat hull designs.

I was forced to totally rebuild all of my 3D tunnel boat models, as they were to high poly, or "wouldn't load fast enough" to be played in my game engine.

- Here is a render of the 4 brand new boat hulls that will be in my game.

- Here are some fully rendered images scaled down from HD 1080.
    A preview of what the different water will look like in T.B.T

It has been a long hard struggle to produce these models, as well as rig an entire video game. Honestly, I'm still only half way there at best.

I am currently looking for endorsement from companies that have to do with OPC racing. I want to feature their "company trademark or logo" on the boats... As like a sticker (well visible) on the hull of texture skin of these models.

I'm sorry I haven't kept the community updated, I have been swamped running my own business and trying to keep my head above water.

There will be a lot getting done this year in 2008.
    Hopefully by no later than mid-season, if you run APR, and see me in the pits, I should have a playable demo of the game, Tunnel Boat Terror

-Sam La Banco Jr.

sam@ni43d.com

NI43D
    An "eye" for 3D!

Post Thanks / Like

if you need a tester or any hull samples let me know im a racing gm freak and this looks perfect. what system is it for? pc?

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow

ANYONE KNOW SOMEBODY WHO OWNS "LIPSTICK SIZED" MOUNTABLE CAMERAS????

I would like to mount some cameras this season.

Need film or footage of; tight racing, tight turning, blimp or overhead shots, or perhaps crashing.... These videos would be used as "filler" or "while game is loading footage". Or even "unlockable" content for the player at the end of the game.

And then I need money..ahaha.
    The more money I can find, the less time it will take.......

"The unfortunate algorithm of life"
    - Sam Jr.

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow

[QUOTE=Kijostyle;51827]

ANYTHING FROM OPC!!!

Need film or footage of; tight racing, tight turning, blimp or overhead shots, or perhaps crashing.... These videos would be used as "filler" or "while game is loading footage". Or even "unlockable" content for the player at the end of the game.
    ANYTHING FROM OPC!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

- Here is a render of the 4 brand new boat hulls that will be in my game.

- Here are some fully rendered images scaled down from HD 1080.
    A preview of what the different water will look like in T.B.T

gave em some more bandwidth... sorry!
    -sam jr.

Post Thanks / Like

Really happy to see the Boat Racing Facts forum came back online, nice work everyone!

Well here it is! The game I talked about back in 2006! "Building this game has been on my mind for over 15 years, now it's here!" Unfortunately, back then, Unreal Engine cost something like $500k to license and $14k for the 3D modeling software Maya. Luckily, now there are many free software programs and routes for an indie developer to take to start making their dream a reality.

Looking to do some really cool stuff with this game like immortalizing drivers in 3D, including multiple different hull types, and much more. Spent the last 3 years working on this game and it's finally to a point where people can play it. My goal here was to make a game for players ages 6 and up, rated E for everyone, and designed to be 50% Simulation 50% Arcade. I want to invigorate a generation of young people passionate about professional powerboat racing and maybe enlighten others who never even knew it was a thing.

Tunnel Boat Terror - A racing simulation and arcade game based on Tunnel Boats and Hydroplanes.

Explore beautiful race locations in a variety of unique watercraft, including some of the fastest and most iconic power boats in the world. Improve your skill, upgrade your equipment, expand your garage, customize your hull, and dominate the competition. A brand-new racing experience for enthusiasts and newcomers alike. Coming Soon on Steam® and available to add to your gaming wishlist.

Playable Demo on Steam®:
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/2...l_Boat_Terror/

https://tunnelboatterror.com/

Post Thanks / Like

The game really looks cool Sam. I remember you and I talking about this game back in 2006.
    Likes Kijostyle liked this post

Thread Information