Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OPC Rule Change Suggestion for Powerhead Changes

Post Thanks / Like

Scott..

I agree 100%.

There USED to be an exception for the Nationals where a DQ at any time during the event DQ'd you for the whole weekend, but as I stated in a previous post, this was changed to the rule you have posted.

So, does this mean that the rules are fine as they are, or not? Did RJ ever ask what would happen if he did just go and change powerheads?

Mark

Post Thanks / Like

No he did not. I think he was just going to take a chance w/ that motor seeing how the inspectors said that they weren't sure if the motor was illegal at that time. His motor was sealed so if he changed motors for the other heat then who knows what would of happened. Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ron..

So what do you think Ron?

Still think we need to add or revise the rules, or does it work the way it is? The only question remaining is to ask what would have happened if RJ had told the inspectors that he was just going to change the powerhead to be on the safe side. I doubt they would have not let him run. I would imagine they would have just made him start at the end of the dock.

Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rj Told Me...

RJ told me if he took the DQ, the inspectors told him he was done for the weekend...

He had no clue the top main was bouncing around in the case, are he could have proved his engine was hurting...a good driver know when his motor isn't running right.

Thread Information