Question dead-mans throddle

hello,
    i am looking for information on hooking up a deadmans throddle
    from boat to motor outboard (mark 30H)
    thank you
    Ralph the rookie

John (Taylor) Gabrowski

Default Will take some pics for you of Merc 55H, same type of hookups

I received a Merc 55H here to get running properly and it has the same throttle hookups at the cowl and magneto swingarm as the Merc 30H. I don't have the cable clamp to bottom of cowl clamp but I will take some pictures of what there is as best possible and post them here. The bowden cable clamp and end of Bowden wire swivel attachment are easy to fabricate even from the pictures or it might help in identifying something you already have but you don't know what you seeing in front of you. Its pretty easy stuff though. I will take the picts tommorow, its supposed to be a bit sunnier.

John (Taylor) Gabrowski

Default Here are some pictures from different angles of engine throttle affected hookups

There are a lot of pictures here of a Merc 55H (Merc 30H is same) stock racing engine (this one is sans cowls for now) and how its throttle is hooked up or affects things motor side including the swivel end of the Bowden wire. The only picture I don't have is the outer housing clamp for the Bowden wire housing itself. Unfortunately I don't have the time to explain the pictures but can over the next few evenings, time is tough right now on my writing schedule. Better still, pick a picture and ask the question right here on the board and everyone can have a shot in answering the question your asking about the picture. Note some pictures are not entirely clear because my digital camera is older not not good on closeups.
    Attached Images Attached Images           

John (Taylor) Gabrowski

Default Some More Merc 55H / Mark 30H throttle affected hookups etc.

Here is a raft of more pictures from different angles to look at what hookups and what they affect for your viewing and questions. I hope all this begins to help a bit?

Tomtall

Arrow Here you go

Just listed on e-bay Ralph. As of 10/4/06

Bid at -
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mark-...QQcmdZViewItem

And piece #2 at -

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mark-...QQcmdZViewItem

Thread Information