Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boat Racing Monopoly

Post Thanks / Like

We used to river race up until the first crusts of ice formed on the river. Downside.....Trying to out run two of the local Cessena sea planes and getting too close. Not only does the planes prop grab water and add 100MPH to the droplet speed, when the water is 32-40° it plain out feels like someone is tossing nails at you....

Most insane dangerous thing I ever paticipated in....... Down hard on the hammer, catching the plane fast, and, sliding under the pontoons just about the time they got high enough for the boat to pass under....Now that I think of it, it reminded me of the time when dad and Bobby Switzer were in a Shooting Star with a 110 Merc on Pistakee Lake....There was this cabin cruiser that would drift toward, and pull taugh from an anchoring buoy...Bobby times the boat to pass when the cruiser is closest to the buoy so the gearcase would ride over the anchor rope....

Dad said that black rubber trim Switzercraft used could be seen smeared on the buoy at just about the hieght the boat would have been aired out at....

Heck Boat Monopoly sounds fun but ya gotta put some crazy death defying feats in there. Make one work, you get money. Fail at one and get anything from a crash and loose turns, to being carried out on a slab.....

Post Thanks / Like

Default As I Was Going To Long Beach Poly...

I was going to look at the Solar Powered Race boats at Long Beach Poly...

I was going to find a nice Pollo Loco and have a bean burrito, but found McDonald's instead and had a double Big Mac by accident...

Anyway, this was my DIET COKE cup...

I guess, when you think about it, we do race year around....

October is Bakersfield and The Blue Water Enduro at Parker.

November is the Annual Parker race..

January we race at Tito's Lake....Some call it Lake Havasu, but they just don't know who Tito Smith is......

March it is Bakersfield

April back to Parker....

May is Indio

June is Chowchilla...

July is ..................Nor Cal....something...Burley Idaho (Late June).....

August is Long Beach Sprint Nationals

September is San Diego and for us Salt Springs (45 and kneelers)...

Gn's run a six race series...Western Formula Lites run 5-6....Super Stocks, because they run with the drags run about ten races...

Ok, maybe we do race year around....

If mcDonald's thinks people can play board games...who am I to argue???

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

What no Puddingston in Jan.?

Post Thanks / Like

What I want to know is when do you fix all of your stuff??

Post Thanks / Like

Default We Don't!

Puddingstone now charges $1,500 a day plus $8.00 a car plus something to launch your RACE BOAT... Too PRICEY... Of course, two weeks ago, there were three PWC's on the whole lake...

Jacob...I've often felt that California has suffered because there is no time to repair stuff or there is no time to save up money to race...

SoCal must race whenwe have water...

Consider this:

1. GN's only race six races.
    2. SCSC runs, Bakersfield (2), Parker (2), Long Beach (1)
    3. San Diego is Unlimiteds and 45 SS
    4. Indio and Tito's Lake is Stocks and 45...

We only have 45 tunnels in OPC, Region 12...Now Region 11 had 9 yesterday.... (Region 11 runs about 13 races between March and October) Too many races, I feel, but I don't live there...

Ross the Boss has promoted the SCSC races and Western Formula Lites... (One race is in NorCal, that is Chowchilla)...Kneelers don't go to Long Beach, they go to their Nationals and blow all their money... (My opinion)...

When we came back to racing, we said we'd only run the Western Formula Lites Series races....but we added Parker and Indio.....

If our MOD VP motor lives through Parker...Pat will run that rig in Nostalgia in 2007 (Five races), Chad and Broc will run the five WFLS races plus Indio and Tito's race....7 races....ain't that bad...

Thread Information