Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920

Thread: Time Capsule

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Jim, funny you say that about the carbs...........

cuz that boat he built in the basement............almost wasnt gonna fit out the door........guess he was good at a few miscalculations...........he's doin ok........man those were the days...............

Post Thanks / Like

Default Is Tom Still On The Board?

I have not seen any posts for a few years!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Morgan City, Louisana 225: 1973

Pit Stop for Ron Hill: I finished 4th, but was probably the fastest boat there except it got windy a hell and I could not "HANG IT OUT". This was the race where Ziggy picked me up at the hotel and drove me to the lake. He asked me, :Why do you drive for OMC?" I think he expected a "HOT SHOT" answer, but all I said was "Ann likes me." Ann was Charlie Strang's mother. Charlie was President of OMC. Ziggy never mentioned this again!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Ron - I don't get over to BRF like I used to. Things got a little to political for my liking. I may come back this winter and do some posting again. I had the opportunity to work with Ziggy and Bob Goudy when I was an inspector. They are both great people in my mind and were around to be a part of the glory days of racing.
    TOM L.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by E-tec1 View Post
    cuz that boat he built in the basement............almost wasnt gonna fit out the door........guess he was good at a few miscalculations...........he's doin ok........man those were the days...............
    Yes the old racing days were fun. Hey E-tec1, do you still have your shop on Depot St? Give me a call 847-845-4857.
    I remember seeing Terry's home-built after it came apart.......split right down the middle!

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by E-tec1 View Post
    If you look at the pictures, the white #364 up on the hill is Terry's basement boat. The Burgess (#328) is the sister boat to Terry's old Mod 50. Later that day, this one blew over.Dad burgess.jpgLeatherby m50.jpg

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

No time to go to my files, but looks like the boat Terry finished on the podium in the 1978 UIM OE World Championship race. Think second behind Bob Hering.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Master Oil Racing Team View Post
    No time to go to my files, but looks like the boat Terry finished on the podium in the 1978 UIM OE World Championship race. Think second behind Bob Hering.
    You mean Terry Leatherby's #898 Broughton boat? That could very well be, he ran pretty well with it. I think he had the latest block with the straight in intake and all the updates OMC had at the time. Terry
    Robinson I think had the earlier block.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MN1 View Post
    Mod 50 Start at St. Louis Grand Prix. With "The Bee Keeper" Jeff Brown.

Mark N
    Mark, that's a great picture.
    I can name a few of the other drivers: 191 Jimbo of course, 364 Terry Robinson, 444 is Curt Todd, 515 Jim Caldwell?, 33 (F troop) Fred miller?, 457 Hering ?,The SJ class Miles Master on the beach was definitely owned by Gordie Mason.
    Likes hydrospeed77 liked this post

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Danny that was the first boat race I saw. I was racing a year later.

Thread Information