Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Omc Sst 100

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default interested

If anyone knows where i can get one of these rigs ,either motor or complete boat/ motor let me know.
    Mike
    mike@redlinepromotions.com

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I need the midsection and gearcase, powerhead is optional.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Saxvik
    Not sure what happened to the thread but this engine definately
    has to be one of the coolest race motors ever ! Remember seeing
    them run in Dayton and its a shame they never really took off.
    Loop scavenged, super low center of gravity, and they just
    absolutely rocked !
    And if you wonder what happened to the class, Mercury re-introduced the SST120. On top of that, the 100 had a bad tendency to start "farting" as it ran. Kind of like it was dieseling. pre- igniting etc.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Remley boat Question.....

Quote Originally Posted by MN1
    Rick sold his Seebold (dark orange) to Mark Welch in Minnesota. Not really sure what happened to it after that.
    Rick lived in Lake Villa, IL - Bill Gohr lived across the street from him.

I took both of those pictures in Aurora, IL
    Mark Nelson
    Isn't the boat in the Kankakee picture (#640) Buddy Wrights old Kramer hull? I believe Rick ran the Kramer for a year before he got the Seebold and changed his #.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brichter
    Isn't the boat in the Kankakee picture (#640) Buddy Wrights old Kramer hull? I believe Rick ran the Kramer for a year before he got the Seebold and changed his #.
    Accually the (Kramer hull) wasn't a Kramer hull after I finished building it. I tore it down to the center section (cockpit sides) and built out from there.So you could say that boat was 95% Nelson and 5% Kramer. It did win a National Championship or two or three. It did pretty good.

I guess I did alot of work to the Seebold too. I added more angle of attack to the tunnel, changed the sponson angles, added the capsule, added the canopy and added a pod in the tunnel.
    Funny thing about those pods. Rick had me take it out one time when a certain person at OMC told him they didn't work. Well I ended up putting it back in because it did more than they thought. Those pods are very important with positioning air lift in the tunnel. Most people don't know this.
    Mark Nelson

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

still looking for any parts or rig for SST100....also looking for V8F1 Parts....any leads would be appreciated

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MN1 View Post
    Accually the (Kramer hull) wasn't a Kramer hull after I finished building it. I tore it down to the center section (cockpit sides) and built out from there.So you could say that boat was 95% Nelson and 5% Kramer. It did win a National Championship or two or three. It did pretty good.

I guess I did alot of work to the Seebold too. I added more angle of attack to the tunnel, changed the sponson angles, added the capsule, added the canopy and added a pod in the tunnel.
    Funny thing about those pods. Rick had me take it out one time when a certain person at OMC told him they didn't work. Well I ended up putting it back in because it did more than they thought. Those pods are very important with positioning air lift in the tunnel. Most people don't know this.
    Mark Nelson
    I didn't know that you rebuilt the Kramer, I guess by the time you got to it, it really needed it considering the mileage it had. The last time I saw that boat, Jon Guimond won Kankakee with it. I wonder where it is now?

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

if anyone has one for sale I would be interested....entire rig...boat or just motor....

Post Thanks / Like

The Kramer,

was turned into splinters by Remley, the Seebold is here and restored, it's getting painted right now, it will be looking like the strangler boat in the brochure and have an original Super Strangler, it is now owned by Tiger but I will have take it it out and see if it still turns before John gets it, maybe we shoud get Remley down here and see if he can still drive, or maybe not.

Hey Largecar, if you raced it where's the canopy????? Before I pay Timmy for one?

Post Thanks / Like

You might need to be careful when testing the Seebold with the Strangler if it has a lot more power than Rick's motors. I added more lift to that boat so it's not a normal Seebold Champ Boat.

How many times has that boat crashed?
    Mark N

Thread Information