Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Omc Sst 100

Post Thanks / Like

I never raced it Bill but the canopy was on it when I sold it to a guy in Wisconsin. It was complete with steering and fuel cell. I have a bunch of pictures of it at home if you need them.

Post Thanks / Like

Default I think

Quote Originally Posted by MN1 View Post
    You might need to be careful when testing the Seebold with the Strangler if it has a lot more power than Rick's motors. I added more lift to that boat so it's not a normal Seebold Champ Boat.

How many times has that boat crashed?
    Mark N

I'll be OK, I weigh just a little more than Rick did and I don't think it will go as fast as my 04' Champboat. Any way I drove this thing back then, this Strangler won't be any stronger than what we had on it.

Large, was the guy in WI the guy in Janesville or Edgerton? Thats the guy who was gonna try and run it with what he called an SST 90. I just about tripped over this boat, it was laying in his back yard when I went there to buy the motor he was gonna use on it, he thought he had an original SST 90, unfortunately it wasn't, it was the 700X that I had on the back of Tiger's mod 50 boat, he had no idea what it was.

This boat was in the yard and he said he didn't know what it was but he was gonna race it with something on it. It was covered with a tarp except for the transom and the back of the sponsons, and when I walked by the boat and saw the sponsons angled forward with that small piece of crescent shaped wood it just made me think I saw this boat before, then I left and remembered that it was Rick's boat and I had saw it before, like everyday for 2 years.

Post Thanks / Like

It seems to me he was up around Janesville area. I can't remember the guys name but he had no idea about raceboats. I had to rig his trailer up to put the tunnel on it so he could get it home. He had some sort of medical problems and he didn't get around too good. He said he was going to make a lake toy out of it.

Burgess/Evinrude F1 V8 Lars Strom's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skoontz View Post
    If memory serves right it was a looper.
    The problems it had however was 130 more lbs than the 99 cubic inch 140, larger gearcase, the same one the V-6's ran, and, where I could wind my 99 cubic inch 140 up to 8500 RPM, the 122 would be hard pressed to max 6500. Essentially, on a 17' Super Sport Switzer, it had the same weight as a V-6, with far less HP, and with the same size lower unit as the V-6, it was slower through the water than the old 99 cuber was. I know why OMC did it....Trying to save money all they did was cut two jugs off the V-6 mold and called it a 122. Same concept Chrysler did with the 3.9 V-6. It is a 318 with two less jugs. Even uses the same timing gears and chain, same tranny....

Well,

I think the new looper V-4
    120 -140 came out 1985 and that was the only
    year they used the bigger V-6 gearcase.
    1986 and up was the same gear case as the old V-4.

I sold lots of those engines and very few problems.
    A pretty good engine in my opinion.

1988 they went from 1.8 liter to 2 liter.
    Lars Strom

Life is good

Check my own racing history at BRF...http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forum...ead.php?t=6727

My racing web site SVERA.se....http://svera.se/blogg/paris-6-hours/

Post Thanks / Like

The 2.0L V4 was the most trouble free engine we had. If someone called in with a warranty claim for one I'd wouldn't believe it.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Lastrom, check your pm.

Burgess/Evinrude F1 V8 Lars Strom's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gohr View Post
    The 2.0L V4 was the most trouble free engine we had. If someone called in with a warranty claim for one I'd wouldn't believe it.
    My experience to.
    Here is a photo of the 1988 model year V4.
    New and old model

http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2033...01354590YdmHVP
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Lars Strom

Life is good

Check my own racing history at BRF...http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forum...ead.php?t=6727

My racing web site SVERA.se....http://svera.se/blogg/paris-6-hours/

Post Thanks / Like

A photo of Rick (640) in Clinton, IA. Boat by Mark Nelson not Cramer.
    Mark N

Post Thanks / Like

Default sst 100

Is the other boat Dennis Klepadlo?

Post Thanks / Like

Those are not sst 100 boats in that picture. They might be mod 100 or formula 100.

Thread Information