Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: B Runabouts,

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cooper....

Hey, did you ever put your Beloit, 1970 video on a DVD???

I still have the video, but don't know where....we moved and stuff is still boxed...

You got Andy Hansen's e-mail or phone number???

Stover ran a DU, that looked a lot like your "Kid Craft" AU's, if I recall, dark brown, natural wood...

Peter,

New England, like many areas had some good DU's...Stan was driving 91-B, a Sea Jay..

Where did DU go wrong??? If you look back we made the boats lighter, the engines more powerful, sppeds went up, danger increased...

Mickey Schwarzenbach ran CU and 36 for years...and DU on a 13 foot Hill, boat, that he still has, but trying to stay with the "FAST GUYS", Mickey ran his 12 foot CU with a D. He says his neck still hurts from his flip at Indio....18 years ago....that was his last race....

Leaving Beloit, with my DU on TOP my wagon...heading for Waukegan to pick up my twin engine Jones....I thought I'd never race Stocks again.....Retired until 1974....

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Beloit Video

Ron,
    The VHS tape has not been converted yet. I do not have the equipment myself and have too many projects going right know to deal with. I will dig out Hansen's contact info and send to you.

Cooper

Post Thanks / Like

Terry Feroe . . . . . . Sid-Craft
    Lee Sutter . . . . . . . Foti
    Tom Scheidt,
    Earl Garrison . . . . . .Price-Craft

Post Thanks / Like

Default Foti...

I knew Sutter ran a Foti...but forgot...Who built them?

When Lee lived in SoCal, I'm pretty sure he built his on boat....as I recall, I didn't like the way he bracked his tanson...(No support behind the combings...), but the transom held perfectly... (I watched it after every race)...

Did Sutter ever run a Calkin's BU?? Was there a guy named Larson who would have run a Calkins in 1959, at the Long Beach Divisionals??

Some good names there!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Seattle-area barber Don Foti built a number of boats in the '60s. I heard the first one he built for Sutter handled pretty well. Then he built a second BU, 84R "Sutter's Gold", which was fast but tricky. Suds won lots of races and set stock and small alky records with it, so naturally other local guys ordered copies from Don, but few could handle the boat as well. Gene Laes is restoring Rick Sandstrom's boat. Later in the '60's, Foti and John Myers together built some very nice CU boats.

Nostalgia Jet Director Code Blue Racing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Do they still race the B runabouts ???

My father has a real nice one that was last raced in 1974 in his garage and two engines on the wall, I think they are 25SS deals ???

Thank you

Jim
    928-234-5455
    jrpm@npgcable.com

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, BSR is still raced. Merc 25ss's are for a slightly different class: 25ssR; almost the same thing.
    Since 1925, about 150 different racing outboards have been made.

Post Thanks / Like

Default B runabouts.....

Quote Originally Posted by Code Blue Racing
    Do they still race the B runabouts ???

My father has a real nice one that was last raced in 1974 in his garage and two engines on the wall, I think they are 25SS deals ???

Thank you

Jim
    928-234-5455
    jrpm@npgcable.com
    BSR's nowadays (a "roll up" only class) are powered by the Hot Rod "A" motors. The 25SSR class, which allows the "B" Hot Rod, Yamato 80, restricted 302, and the 25SS/25XS motors. The class has been dominated by the restricted Y302 in the past, but his year the 25XS was allowed to run unresticted and is very competitive. Dean Sutherland ran a "B" Hot Rod at this year's Stock Nat's and placed 2nd, so the class is very competitive with 3 different motors now.

the 25SS motor is now better suited for the 25mod hydro class, but was one this year by Ric Miller with his 22cube OMC motor.
    Daren Goehring
    63-R
    DSH, 500ccmh, 750ccmh

Post Thanks / Like

The 20H is currently legal A-mod.

Post Thanks / Like

Default 20H and 25SS

Good afternoon,
    Is there anyplace where my 20Hor 25SS are legal to race in Florida?
    I am new to west central Florida and am trying to find a place to run my toys.
    Thanks for your time,
    Russ

Thread Information