Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 13'a-boat

Post Thanks / Like

Default Trim set up

The sst60 clamp bracket is the same as the short shaft stingers. We used to make brackets for mounting the ram on the inside of the transom from a couple of pieces of heavy aluminium angle. You dont really need alot trim movement for on of these boats.

YARD BIRD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Pre-historic "trim"

Anybody remember back in late 1950's, using a PORTA-POWER pump for a manual hydraulic trim in the wooden family ski boats we raced here in NORTHERN CAL? well it worked ,even though kinda primitive . It was usually pumped by the "deck rider". (Co-Pilot ?)

Post Thanks / Like

I have one that says "Stylecraft" on it
    Since 1925, about 150 different racing outboards have been made.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    anyone know any history on this 13' allison.it's a 1980 model with a pad.it came from the Houston,Tx. area.it has thanks to Burnett's Marine on it.it has the number 333 on it.

thanks,Allen
    As Allen knows since 2010, I bought the boat new in 1981. Rigged it and George Laycock won the
    NOA 40-70 nationals with it at Corbin, Ky. I raced it the next summer and sold it to John Calley who
    may have won a nationals with it. 333 is John's nr. You can still see the remnants of my
    name 'The Gambler' on the side near the transom but not in the photo. Jay cox and I widened the
    pad to 8". The next 13' Allison I bought in 1982 was widened to 7" or 7.5".

Photos

1. Joe Burgess on the inside at Eufaula in GP. I finally got around him but we'd both jumped the gun.
    2. Joe again
    3. John Calley, looking good!
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

About 10 years ago, there was a used unit made by Dole Industries that was for sale on ebay, shown on a Merc 650. It had a small hand pump with a short handle in the boat, and a short ram between the clamp brackets on the transom. I always regretted not having paid whatever it took to get it, as Ive been looking for one since and havent seen anything like it.

Thread Information