Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: OMC D class motor

Post Thanks / Like

Default wow

Thats alot about a motor ya never see. I just wanted to compare it w/ my old 41.5ci -72 50hp. Im thinkin of building a D size H.K. Airborn w/ topside changes I wish I thought of on my B. for that motor.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default SD kilo

Mark
    You would not be refering to the Kaukana Kilos in about 1974 maybe?
    I was there when Larry ran a small knee down tunnel. He entered the timing traps with his head down to minimize wind resistance. Good idea but, he never looked up. The current, the breeze, who knows, but the boat vered alittle left on the down river run. Went basicly off coarse so far, he ran right into the 24 foot rescuse boat. The guys in the boat were jumping up and down waiving thier arms but Larry never looked up. The guys in the boat jumped over board as Larry hit the boat. Luckly he missed the crane on the transom used for lift a body basket as we flew over it.
    Wrecked the tunnel boat. Hardly scratched the big rescue boat. Sure shook those guys iin the boat though. It was out of site of race control as this was down river. I remember hearing the crash. Larry came in on the stretcher and left in the ambulance. It was problably 20 years before I knew who it was.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OPC1
    Mark
    You would not be refering to the Kaukana Kilos in about 1974 maybe?
    I was there when Larry ran a small knee down tunnel. He entered the timing traps with his head down to minimize wind resistance. Good idea but, he never looked up. The current, the breeze, who knows, but the boat vered alittle left on the down river run. Went basicly off coarse so far, he ran right into the 24 foot rescuse boat. The guys in the boat were jumping up and down waiving thier arms but Larry never looked up. The guys in the boat jumped over board as Larry hit the boat. Luckly he missed the crane on the transom used for lift a body basket as we flew over it.
    Wrecked the tunnel boat. Hardly scratched the big rescue boat. Sure shook those guys iin the boat though. It was out of site of race control as this was down river. I remember hearing the crash. Larry came in on the stretcher and left in the ambulance. It was probably 20 years before I knew who it was.
    Mike
    Yep, that's about the right time period. I didn't go to that Kilo Trial, but heard about it from Larry and I think someone in the rescue boat. Must have scared those guys in the rescue boat!!
    Didn't OMC have alittle something to do with that boat?
    Mark N

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Sd

I did not know if OMC was involved in the Tunnel project. But I did know the rescue boat they hity was Mercury's.
    Mike

Thread Information