Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Division I

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RonHill
    I'm going back to Joey Cucci's next weekend......Keep your eye out for Elvis or Batman....or me driving... (Probably, not me)...
    Scared?

Post Thanks / Like

Default YUP! Scared of Many Things!

I took a couple of laps in C Runabout at Salt Springs..several things entered my mind (first runabout ride since 1978)....A. Damn this thing is fast. B. Man, I can't see for prunes. C. How bad will I feel tomorrow???

D. Holly Cow, I could tip this thing pretty easily....

I realized, for sure that FAT C was for me....

Post Thanks / Like

Find me a Switzer super sport, pre 1975, we'll step the bottom, and hang a 99 cubic inch 140 Johnson, and the title will come home.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Find Your Own Boat (s)...

Talked to Jimbo and Cathy, yesterday.....Jimbo will be around if you come to Needles to test...

Now, this Division I boat is YOUR DEAL, the Switzer idea sounds GREAT..but do it, don't talk about it....(Remember Clint Eastwood in the Good, the Bad and th Ugly....? Clint said, "If you're going to kill a man, kill'em, don't talk about it..."...as I have my eye on four D'Cucci boats for next year......

What is the cubic inch, you think, of those inline fours...or sixs on the OMC Drive??? Or horsepower???? Any educated guess??? Had BRATS last night and thought about San Diego, last summer.... Next year, I'll have a boat in the water..

Post Thanks / Like

An educated guess is telling me the 4 banger OMC lower unit boats were 179, give or take. With a 16' boat, look at the weight of a V-6 vs a 4 inline. That's why I said the 2.8 liter vortec, it's aludimen, and would weigh similar to that cast iron 4 banger.

As far as a 17' SS Switzer, does anyone know where one could be had? Bruce S????? You live in that territory???? Second, whio might know where to find a 99 cubic inch 140 V-4, and the last thing I need is a 28" Merc Chopper prop, and Ron would need to rehub it......

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 2.8?

Is that 2.8 you speak of the 60 % v gm had in early 80s, if so it's a runner.
    I've heard it called the small block of the 80s, good choice.
    RichardKCMo

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

skoontz

sent you a pm about a switzer

Post Thanks / Like

Default Didn't Get The PM

On my way to Phoenix....Then, to Joey Cucci's in Havasu.....If I don't come home with one of those Division I boats, it will be becasue I got smart on the way!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Am anxiously waiting for the answer from the guy who had perhaps, some Switzers for sale. Heeez in Michigan so it would give me a great excuse to go back home and visit a while. If it werks, problem one sovled. Problem 2, finding a 99 cubic inch 140 OMC.....

Post Thanks / Like

Default new boats

I can hear it now Ron. Bowman what do you think of my new boats. Now lets put them together. (which as you all know means Ron supervises and Bowman works) Sounds fun though!!

Bowman

Thread Information