Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: BWRC '300' Enduro 2007 Q & A

Post Thanks / Like

The Bluewater 300 race committee would like to put out a poster like the one we did last year. If you recall, every one seemed to want a peice of "history" and a souvenir. We would like to start a new poster for 2007 but we need some money to get started. We want to give last years winners first shot at the poster. We need a good shot of your boat and 150 bucks for a "front page shot"! Help support the race by calling me now and reserving a spot on the poster. These posters will be placed all over the western U.S. Donors will receive "extras" for their family and friends. Your kids can take one to school for "show and tell" Make your daddy proud. give your kids something to talk about! Rod Zapf (310) 488-3563

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I find "pump gas" being broad? I can go to the pump and pump 110,105,101 and 91.So what are you considering pump gas?

Post Thanks / Like

That is a great question for any one who plans on running Division I! We are considering pump gas to be 92 octane or less, the typical gas that you would expect to pump from your local gas station, not the kind that you find in hot rod alley, or from the fuel truck that pumps racing fuels, nor the airport for that matter, nor even the gas you may "pump" yourself to somehow get around the spirit of the rule.The rules state that Division I outboards must run pump gas. I suppose we should have been more specific. I hope this helps explain your question. Please try to remember, we are trying to run this race in a manner that is based on honesty and sportsmanship with as few rules that require tear down etc. When the checker'd flag drops, we would like to know we have a winner without having delays due to protests, tear downs etc. Ross says that fuel checks are simple and will be done as will the weighing of boats that have a minimum weight. Are you planning on running Division I outboard? Rod ****Still looking for folks to help us out with the poster!!*****

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default poster

Rod, you can count on me again this year. let me know where to send it. Bill Reiter sr.

Post Thanks / Like

Bill, I can always count on you! Please send me a check and a 8 X 10 picture of your boat. Rod Zapf 1015-2nd st. Manhattan Beach, Ca. 90266 (make check out to me--I'm mak'n money now!) Bill, how many entries can we count on you this year? Just kidding- we hope to see at least one & thanks as always for your support! Rod PS glad to see you're following the posts.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default poster

Rod, no current picture of an enduro boat. hopefully, Shocker Racing will have 2 boats good to go.We will have a sst. 45 ready for parker in april. checks in the mail! REALLY! Bill sr.

Post Thanks / Like

Bill, I always appreciate your help. Thank you so much! Look around, see if you can find a picture, we have a few weeks before I have to go to "bed" with the poster. Thanks again-- Rod P.S. Have you seen the article in Hot Boat? I haven't seen it but I understand it has a great article on the 2006 Parker Enduro. I have heard that Jim Wilkes may help out with a Division I, Cucci hull, powered by a 4 cyl. OMC. Great starter boat. Got any starters in your stable? I can get a boat for them!

Post Thanks / Like

El Hombre had an excellent question concerning carburetor size on the Division I outboards. There is a carburetor size limitation on the Division I outboards. 1 5/16 of an inch measured at the venturi. No other classes (inboards or outboards) have a carburetor restriction, including numbers of carburetors. Blowers are not restricted in any way nor are turbo-chargers. I will ask Ross to add this 1 5/16" restriction to the Division I rules. Rod
    P.S. I have not heard from most of last year's division winners as to whether they wanted to be on the poster. Exception to this is Ron Hill, last years winner and the Division III winner. I am awaiting both a check and a picture at this time. I have decided to open the poster to all.

e-PerformanceMarine.com ePerformanceMarine's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Not a question but a Thanks, I am very pleased with the way the rules have been written and would like to thank all involved. The Div I Jets should be able to get 3 or 4 laps in before the Div II boats start. Not a great headstart but a headstart ! The last two races have not been kind to us but we feel that this year we have a very good package and should at least be there in the end. I hope that more jets come out than in years past. Too feel that we should see a great race this year.

Rod I would like to submit my pic for the poster after the April race would that be cool ?
    Jim & Amanda Rich
    CJ 72 & 53c

JR Performance Motorsports

Jet Drive Service & Repair

Post Thanks / Like

Jim, please send me a SUPER 8 x 10 of your boat and a check for 100 dollars. We will give you a great spot on the 2007 Parker 300 Enduro Poster. It will be similar to last years! I have saved the posters from the Enduro over years past and wall papered my garage with them. To me, each one brings back a special memory as well as being a collectors item. Sorry I have to charge for these things, maybe in years to come this race will turn a profit, but for now we are hard pressed to make expenses. We need 40 boats out this year Jim and we thank you and all of the "jet-set" for their support. Thank you for your support of the rules and the committee that worked on them! Seeking parity is not always easy. I certainly hope to see a jet boat on the podium this year. Any body who says jets can't run in rough water has not seen the video of the jets running the rapids a few posts down. Rod Zapf, 1015-2nd st. Manhattan Beach, Ca. 90266 (310) 488-3563 P.S. Right after the April race will have to be the dead line for getting the pictures in. Any body else that wants to get on this wagon, send me a post, We will feature 10 boats on the poster. At this point I have 5 promises, but no pic/money.

Thread Information