Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: BWRC '300' Enduro 2007 Q & A

647and918

Default Confused

I'm contemplating trying to run this year, but I'm not sure what division makes sense. As far as I can tell a 20' Stoker with a V8 O/B needs to be Div V or Div VI, correct? What is the real difference between these two divisions??? I'm not convinced I'm going to be fast enough to be competitive in either, but it'll be fun to try!

Post Thanks / Like

A 20 foot stoker with a V-8 Outboard seems a natural for Division V! Make sure you meet the weight limitation and also ensure that your prop shaft height is within the limits of the rules. We have had a V-8 Johnrude running on an Eliminator the past 2 years and has finished in the top 10. I drove a V-8 Evinrude on an Eliminator Daytona with Ron Hill back in the late 80's. We ran a consistant 95, until the prop shaft broke. In conclusion, this race is often not won by the fastest boat, but the boat that finishes. Last years race was won by a boat that never got over 85! Put your doubt behind you and get your registration in--you will find the form on the Parker 300 rules thread just above this one. Rod PS: the Division VI boats should be faster and will start 10 minutes after the Division V boats!

647and918

Default Thanks!

Thanks Rod! I don't think the boat will have a problem making weight. I'll see if I can convince my wife this is a good idea and get registered... I need to find out what I broke this morning first and what that's going to cost me though...

Engine runs great, and right now she'll go as fast as I can paddle...

Thanks again for the quick reply!!!

Steve...

Post Thanks / Like

Check with Tim Linn--he has gears, units etc. I would call him first, then ship the whole problem to him and get it back. I am leaving for Illinois on Tuesday and could maybe "help out" with Tim------other wise, you can pick up v-6 mercs for very little----a club foot 2.4 or 2.5 carbureted would run real good on your boat and you could run in Div. III. That is what Hill Marine won with last year. The year before, I took an old 2.4/Sleek craft that had not been run for 6 years, and had sat out in the dessert for as many, put it all together and won the Division with a 7th overall. You can do it buddy, but get your wife on your side first. Rod

Post Thanks / Like

Question

[IMG][/IMG]

four screws and the trolling motor is OFF.

[IMG][/IMG]

it will kick up a bit of a "Rooster Tail" (those HILL propellers move some water...)

I patrolled the last Parker 300 in the bassboat, the year prior I patrolled in this...

[IMG][/IMG]

miss this one... the only problems were trying to "fish" out of it, and NO-ONE would insure it...

Post Thanks / Like

God how I love a 'tail like that--awesome! thanks for the post and get your registration in. with a boat like that, no more patrolling. Check the height of the prop shaft, then check the rules. We need that boat in the race. Rod

Post Thanks / Like

I will be out of town for a couple of weeks and my computer in Illinois is really slow, however I will try to get back to your questions as rapidly as possible. If you really need a quick answer call me at (310) 488-3563. Rod

647and918

Default Fueling question...

I remember reading a post somewhere indicating that fuel would either available on site or there was contact information for delivery... Does anyone have that info or can remind me which topic it was under???

Thanks!

Steve...

Post Thanks / Like

If I recall correctly, Ross has said that fuel would be available at the race site. The question was asked for the Division I boats that will require standard pump gas (92 octane). However at the time I believe that Ross had said that higher octane fuel would also be available. Best thing to do on this one is give Ross a call. Rod

Thread Information