Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: BWRC '300' Enduro 2007 Q & A

Post Thanks / Like

Richard, your 2 cents is worth a lot more than that--You have made a good point. Maybe the penalty should be 20 minutesor 6 laps or maybe 7 laps. You talk, I'll listen. I listen even better when you have completed the entry blank. Rod

Post Thanks / Like

Now Richard's suggestion makes sense!!! No worry, no bithcen. You're done!!! Any anyone that pulls that shot deserves to be done. No second chances for a planned violation of the rules.
    Last edited by Ted March; 06-17-2007 at 10:42 AM.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Did we ever get an official ruling on where our "production" boat is going to run? We will be running a 509cid engine that should make approximately 500 prop shaft h.p. (approx 535 crank shaft h.p.). Boat will be run on 91 octane "pump" gas. The boat that we are talking about is the old Howard Custom Cruiser. I now own the molds as well as the rights to build the boats. We are putting in our "stock" Donahue Marine Power engine. It is a standard engine available for resale to anyone. The boat is going to be run off of a Bravo 1 outdrive with a stock 1" shorty sport master lower unit.

If we have to run in Div VI, we stand no chance what so ever.

Please make a ruling on where we will run so we can determine if we are going to run the enduro, with this boat, this year.

Thank you,
    Danny
    Shocker Racing

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Danny, good to hear from you. Please take the time to look up the rules one more time. The rule DIV. IV, B, 1 allows engines to 525 cu. in. Double check rules DIV IV, B, 1,2,3,& 4. Tell me if you feel that you meet all of these rules. Minimum length is 19 feet, maximum length is 24 feet and the rule is written for outdrives. After doing this, send me a reply stating how and why you feel your boat fits into Div. IV or needs to run in Div. VI. Please ensure you go into the computer and have a copy of the latest rules governing the Parker 300, the INDIANAPOLIS OF BOAT RACING. I have extra posters if you can pick them up and help distribute them. Rod
    Last edited by capnzee; 06-21-2007 at 02:54 PM. Reason: grammar

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Rod, thank you for your reply. It does appear that our boat will fit within the rules for Div IV. We look forward to running the boat in this years enduro.

Danny
    Shocker Racing

Post Thanks / Like

Danny, Glad to see you looked up the rules. I could have done it for you, but I really wanted you, as well as everyone else, to take a look at the latest rules. They do change slightly, (however we try never to "exclude" Aa boat with a rule change) from time to time as we try to meet the challenge of "no boat be left behind". Now Danny, I hope you run competitivley, but if you run away from the field, (some people think you will) you will make me look really bad! Got your entry in yet--pit position and start position are predicated upon the postmark of your entry. Rod

Post Thanks / Like

I just reviewed the rules for Div. IV and tunnels with out-drives are not included in this Division. Mod V/P's are, as are straight V-bottoms. Rod

Post Thanks / Like

Default question??

Would a Allison BassBoat 20'02" (XB2002) be a division IV boat? it is a fish/ski style pad v hull. I have a stock Mercury 2.5EFI with a CLE coned lower unit. I can run the prop shaft even with the bottom (prefer it higher...) Is the 1300#s with driver or without?

thx.sid

DIVISION IV:
    (A) V-Bottom Ski Boats (B) I/O’s (C) Inboard V-Drive

***START TIME: 0 PLUS 40 MINUTES - Approximately 10:40 A.M.

A. V-Bottom ski boats
    1. ENGINE: Any outboard engine
    2. BOAT: V-Bottom. Minimum length 19ft.
    3. WEIGHT: weight (dry) 1300 lbs. minimum
    4. DRIVE: In accordance with DIV. 1.A.4. EXCEPT: center of prop shaft may be set no higher than the bottom of the planing surface of the boat.

Post Thanks / Like

I will need some time to think about this one. I have seen so-called Bass Boats that run well over 90 mph which is what Division IV is based on. We have not addressed the question of Bass boats (we had a division for them in 05 but nobody came so we dropped them.) this year but we certainly donot want to leave any boat behind. If you are truly interested, and care to send in a registration, I will take your question to the rules committee. You would be placed in Division IV or Division V starting 10 minutes later. You would also be required to drop your engine so that the prop shaft is 1 inch below the planing surface/pad of your boat. Maybe a phone call would be easier. You can contact me at (310)488-3563. Hate to run and hide but I am trying to seek parity giving every competitor a chance of winning. Rod

Post Thanks / Like

Vishus, with the pictures of your Allison in hand, I don't see what we can do to keep you out of Division IV! You will definitely be a contendor!! That is a beautiful boat, with a beautiful rooster tail. Can you post your pics on this thread? You will have to remove the trolling motor for obvious safety reasons. Make sure you weigh in at 1300 lbs "dry". Division IV calls for the center of the prop shaft to be no higher than even with the bottom of the boat. Get your registration in to Ross we are trying to get a count! Call me on Monday Rod

Thread Information