Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: BWRC '300' Enduro 2007 Q & A

Post Thanks / Like

I have received numerous phone calls concerning the rule on CLUB FOOT ( ROUND NOSE ) lower units on the outboards and outdrives (I.A.4). The present rule requires that the lower unit remain in a stock configuration with no modifications to the water pick-ups. This would make some of the units that ran last year illegal to run this year. In an effort to keep everyone legal, the rules committee is CONSIDERING modifying this rule. The rule as it is currently stated would be deleted and replaced with a rule that simply states "the center of the prop shaft on a round nose unit may be run no higher than 3 inches below the planing surface of the boat". This would simplify the rule for the inspectors, allow slightly modified units that ran last year to run again this year and achieve the same desired speed results. A thank you to all who have made such gentlemanly and sportsmanlike enquiries by phone. I recommend that interested competitors "keep an eye" on this thread as rule changes or modifications may occur in the interest of promoting better racing at the INDIANAPOLIS OF BOAT RACING--THE PARKER ENDURO. Rod ** PIT POSITION IS BASED ON DATE ENTRY FEE RECEIVED!

Post Thanks / Like

POSTER PICS-- Got room on the poster for about 3 more pictures. Get your money & 8X10 in now and you have guaranteed yourself a place in history. The Parker Enduro has been called the "greatest boat race on earth!" Twenty years from now you will want to show your grand kids--See what GRAMPAW used to do. Tell me about it! BEEN THERE- DONE THAT! I know you racers will want to TALK THE TALK after you have WALKED THE WALK, with a poster picture to prove it! GET your entries in now and secure an "up front" pit and a super starting position. No need to start last when all you have to do is get your entry in first and that will guarantee a great start out of the gate! Rod "ZOOPER", CO-DRIVER GN-24

Post Thanks / Like

The poster pics are all in and have been sent to the "poster man"! I want to thank Bill Reiter Sr. for donating 100 dollars towards the project as we were coming up a little short. Bill sent me the first 100 bucks, just to get the project off the ground. He has always been a great supporter of the Parker Enduro and continues, thanks a lot Bill! We should have a thousand full color posters ready for distribution by the end of the month. Remember, your pit position as well as your start position will be determined by the date you have mailed in your entry/fee. Why start in the back of the pack when you can start up front? (The back of the pack is where you get into trouble. Start out front and improve on your position) Rod

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by capnzee View Post
    I have received numerous phone calls concerning the rule on CLUB FOOT ( ROUND NOSE ) lower units on the outboards and outdrives (I.A.4). The present rule requires that the lower unit remain in a stock configuration with no modifications to the water pick-ups. This would make some of the units that ran last year illegal to run this year. In an effort to keep everyone legal, the rules committee is CONSIDERING modifying this rule. The rule as it is currently stated would be deleted and replaced with a rule that simply states "the center of the prop shaft on a round nose unit may be run no higher than 3 inches below the planing surface of the boat".

Is this a rule change????

Post Thanks / Like

This rule will be modified as soon as Ross has the time to make the change. I have asked him to delete all of the stock, no modification stuff and simply state that the round nose units must run 3' below the planing surface of the boat. Rod

Post Thanks / Like

To Chill and all of you most interested racers who have had questions about the diesel and the round nose lower units. All diesels, turbo charged,blown or naturally aspirated will run in division II. Check your start times. The rule on round noses has now been simplified and has only the prop shaft height rule, which is 3" below the planing surface of the boat. Pointy nose units must run 1" below the planing surface. We want to race but we want to race safely Rod

Post Thanks / Like

There have not been any questions as to the rules for the 2007 Parker Enduro posted in the last few weeks. I take this opportunity to ask all of you who plan on racing to go back and review the rules pertaining to the class you intend to compete. Pay particular attention to the weight restrictions and to definitions of the round nose/pointy nose lower units with regard to height. I talked with Jim Rich ( Jet boat enthusiast) today. He tells me that he knows of no one other than himself who plans on running a jet boat in the Parker Enduro. If you recall the SMOKE we had from all of the jet boaters in the beginning of the year with regard to start times, rules etc. this makes me sick! We give you jet set guys the world; first start, great handicap, and the simplest rules in the world, what do we get? nada! Bunch of talkers? I think so! Prove me wrong, I love it--have you sent your entry in yet? Rod

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Capnzee, to the best of my knowledge all of finishing jet boats from last year are coming back. Remember all of the jet boats were running at the finish the last two years, with the exception of Jim Rich. You should listen to the racers and not just the enthusiasts.

You might want to remember the judges decision reguarding pit stops, did not go well with the jet boat racers. The wining jet boat ran the race on one stop, without a penalty. Several boats are getting rigged to run on no stops, or only one stop as we speak. Rules are for everyone and should be enforced.

Post Thanks / Like

Richard, you are absolutely right! I shall discuss this with Ross and I guarantee we will make a special effort to ensure that the 2 pit stop rule is enforced. We can do it in several ways. The official at the "in" ramp can have a check-off list of the boats competing and ensure that all boats still running at the end of the race have made their required stops. The scorers can also "highlight" the pit-stops which can be cross-checked with the lap times. Thanks Richard for bringing this to my attention--I have a problem in that I trust everyone who enters the Parker 300 to be a gentleman and a sportsman. The thought that someone would actually try to beat the system by planning no pit stops never entered my mind. I certainly hope your jet boat numbers are right as far as the boats planning on entering the Parker 300. Have any of them sent their entries in? -----After giving the jet boaters every opportunity possible so that they have a fair shot at a podium finish, I just cannot believe that any of them could stoop so low as to cheat Capnzee

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

The problem is that the racers asked, and the penalty became a 10 minute
    infraction. If you do the math, it takes way more than 10 minutes to come
    off plane, trailer and re enter the course. If it is only a 10 minute penalty, it is more efficient to skip the pit stop and take the penalty. This is not just for the jets, but all the classes. Why don't they just disqualify the boat if it doesn't make the required stops. Just my 2 cents.

Thread Information