Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: cross over parts

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default cross over parts

Hi all,

I am new to the forum but have raced OPC for 16 years. I have searched the forums and found no matches to my question.

With the wealth of knowledge, which has been gathered over the years by the SST-60 drivers and owners, can we put together some sort of list of crossover parts (numbers and year of manufacture) that are legal for replacement on our worn out old motors? This would keep the class alive a little longer if we had a crossover source to hunt down used blocks and parts with? I have met several people over the years that have taken on the task to crossover parts as they needed certain parts. It seems to be difficult to get the information out to all that can use the information for themselves.

I for one have two blocks on the work bench with broken or missing parts. It would be almost easier to buy a complete fishing motor and strip it down just to have enough parts to get both put together if I had the information needed.

PS This could also cross over to the SST-45 guys as well.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default part smart

Part Smart cd s that some OMC Bombardier dealers use will tell you what models parts will interchange and supercedes.It Is a little work but is helpful.Alot of dealers show Inventory avaliable on the network parts program they still have in stock locations.

Thread Information