Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Bud Parker

Tomtall

Unhappy Bud Parker

This is a copy of a post done at Hyroracer .net. Thought it should be passed on.

With a saden heart I regret to inform you all that one of the legends of outboard racing, Bud Parker has passed away early Saturday morning at St Joes Hospital in Pontiac MI. I have no furter details at this time but as soon as I receive them I will pass them on to you all. Please keep the Parker family in you thoughts and prayers

Jim Robb
    7-M

Tomtall

Default Update

We were told at our fall meeting for MHRA that Bud sufford a heart attack and was admitted into the hospital before passing.

Here are the details on Bud Parkers funeral:
    There will be a viewing Monday November 6th from 5:00pm – 9:00pm. The funeral will be held on Tuesday November 7th at 2:00pm

Jim
    7-M

Lynch & Sons Funeral Directors
    39 W Burdick St
    Oxford, MI 48371

(248) 628-3100
    www.lynchfuneraldirectors.com

Tomtall

Thumbs up Buds work

Here is a BRF link to show those unaware of what Bud's works of art looked like.

http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forum...ghlight=parker

Allen J. Lang

Unhappy Bud Parker

Tom- Bud was a friend I met though the AOMC. Akways had a great time conversing with him at meets about the good old days and thoughts he had. He helped the Mich Mod guys to learn hoe to machine their engines when he had his shop in his basement. He sold the shop to Tim Kurcz and moved to SC for a year. He didn;t like SC and moved back to MI in Oxford after about a year. He took care of his wife of many years during her illness and she passed away about a year ago. I don;t think he really got over it. The Mod racers tried to keep him busy to get over his loss. Speaking to him on the phone, I do not think it really helped. He was a commited man. He was a great man as far as I am concerned. He and Tim Kurcz talked and worked out many ideas to make engines faster. Time will tell when Tim gets things worked out.
    Boat racing has had a great loss with his passing.
    Ye Olde Desert Geezer Al Lang

Post Thanks / Like

Default Was Bud An Inspector??

Seems, when I won the 1974 DU Nationals, Bud Parker was the inspector... I was going to look up my Speed and Spray, Rusty Rae book and see if he was...before I told a story about him...

Allen J. Lang

Default Bud Parker

You are right Ron. Bud was an inspector at the '74 nationals. A picture of him checking a Merc block is found on page 161 of the Speed & Spray book.

Ye Old Desert Geezer Al Lang

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for posting this information. We used to go to Birminham Mich .quite often and Bud came over to my town often we ran wild cat races there That is were he would test out his loop engine there is another engine out there with a electronic ignition and was it fast and not a Fairbanks mores ignition . They were the good old days. Almer Grade did not live far away Almer relative was killed there.

Thread Information